Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Goody bags for my family?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone. I hope your creative minds can help me. My family (10 or so in total) are all going to Disney together this summer because I have nagged them ...
    PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder

Question Goody bags for my family??

Hi everyone. I hope your creative minds can help me. My family (10 or so in total) are all going to Disney together this summer because I have nagged them to death about going with me. I promised them a good time!! (I usually go in December - NOT June! Its gonna be hot! ) Anyway, I am making little goody bags to present to each family member when we arrive in Florida. In these bags I have things I think they'll like, or need, such as a small personal fan, a water bottle strap, can cooler things so when we're sitting around the house we'll know whose drink is whose (we rented - a 6 bedroom, we're all staying together ), some cookies, and I have a friend in Disney next week picking up som $5 disney dollars for everyone.

What I'm looking for from you guys is ideas of what else I can put in these bags. Obviosuly, since I'm making 10 (minimum) it needs to be fairly cheap, and fairly small, but most importantly, I want it to be something that they probably won't pack for themselves but will be glad to have once we get there. I really think the fans are a great idea, oh yea, chapstick too...everyone gets a chapstick.

We range from 12-55 years old and the bags will all have mostly the same stuff (everyone gets a fan, and a chapstick, and a couple cookies, etc).

I'm also looking for ideas on a "group" package - that might include things like sunscreen or board games (in case we get bored )

So any ideas?? Let the juices flow...I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks heaps!
    Tammi
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    For the older family members, those straps for your glasses/sunglasses. Its always such a pain to have to take them off and hold them (or find somewhere to put them where they won't get crushed) on thrill rides. (or for sunglasses, when you go on ANY indoor ride).
    And autograph books for the kids. These can be bought at dollar stores, they have TONS of liitle notebooks with Disney characters on them.
    Have fun!!!!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Sunscreen!

Sorry....just saw at the bottom of your post that you already had sunscreen listed.

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    It would be great to give each a disposable cameraa and have everyone use them at disney...... it would great to use all the photos in some kind of scrapbook or photo memory book.....

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    DisneyWorldTrivia.com lanyards - small and only $1 each in the shop!

Seriously, those plastic pouches they come with are handy for carrying park tickets, fast passes, etc.

How about cheap rain ponchos? Usually can find them in dollar stores.

A pin of their favorite character?

Just a few ideas.... will post more if I think of any.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    excellent excellent excellent

(and being a family full of blondes and redheads, you can never have too much sunscreen!!)

keep 'em coming!!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

What about little anitbacterial soaps? I don't go to the World without them! And maybe for the group goodie bag maybe one of those Tide Pens.

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    You can get really cheap pins at Waltmart. They're legit Disney pins and they're a dollar or two cheaper than at the World. That would be something great to give, something to start a pin collection.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    If you go to the disney family fun activity site, you can print out bookmarks of various characters. Put them between some clear contact paper, and they become water-resistant - for reading by the pool.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    If you have little girls some cute disney hair tie would be great. Little Boys you can go to a dollar tree and buy handheld games for a buck. Also the kids would love glow stick you can also get them at the Dollar Tree. Hope this help.
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Glow bracelets/necklaces are actually a really good idea - we wear them as a family, makes it easier to find each other in the dark/crowds. You can find them cheap at party stores sometimes, or dollar stores.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

KittieKathChick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    *Definitely glow bracelets. Check out the Dollar Tree if you have one. Or, Order them online at www.orientaltrading.com.

*Instead of just sunscreen, maybe see if you can find those small bottles of sunscreen that have a keychain attached.

*Disney Pez Dispensers or stickers for the kids. Check Walmart for these.

*Check ebay to see if you can get a lot of Disney pins for cheap, and give each person a pin.

*Cords to keep sunglasses around their necks. That way no one has to hold onto them!

Also, you could buy the Disney Scene It Game to put in the group package. It's such a fun game. (I got one for Christmas and DH refuses to play me in it, haha) And of course, throw in a video or DVD in there! Don't forget the popcorn!

I love thissmilie!

Lovin' me some Jack Sparrow.
    Going back in May 2009.

Thought of something else for the kid's bags. If you buy those mini M&M's in tubes, the tubes are perfect to keep some quarters and pennies in to use in the penny press machines!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Perhaps a little strange...but asprin for the older adults' bags? It's really nice to have some handy when you get that summer mid-day headache waiting for the parades! Ha! BC powders would be great...they're little folded packets of crushed packets that are great on the go.

Not as romantic, but trust me, you might need 'em.
    Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast