Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Florida Residents: Quick Get-aways? in the Vacation Planning forums; Since we're in Florida we try to make it up to WDW about 3 times a year. One of the three trips is usually a week-long trip to celebrate our ...
    Arianne31 is offline A-Ticket holder

Florida Residents: Quick Get-aways?

Since we're in Florida we try to make it up to WDW about 3 times a year. One of the three trips is usually a week-long trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This year, we've decided to go out of state for our anniversary so we won't be doing a week at Disney. We also usually do Star Wars Weekends and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween but my husband has decided that he doesn't want to deal with the heat in June and that Halloween is too close to our anniversary to take a WDW trip.

So, this leaves me to anxiously figure out a way to squeeze a WDW trip in this year. We've both started new jobs so we really can't take too much time off so I thought spending a long weekend (3 days/2 nights) should be fine. Of course now we have to go during peak season when we usually try to do value or regular.

My question is (yes, I have one! ), do you think it's worth paying the extra $$ just to squeeze in a WDW fix when we'll probably go next year? If we do squeeze this trip in, it'll probably have to be the first full week of March. Is it really crowded?

TIA!
    Arianne

ari & jay

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i think march is crowed because of spring breaks! I just hate the crowds we always go when it is not so crowed
    shannon

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    My Spring Break is March 2nd-11th. I go to Disney during that week every year.

It is not too crowded in my opinion. My Spring Break is before the majority of schools. It gets more busy the two weeks after my break and so on. So in my opinion it's not too bad. Last year my average wait was only 20 minutes, and that's not bad at all. Most of the Spring Breaks start mid-march to April, so in my opnion you'd be safe!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives