Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Booking a trip straight off Disneyworld.com in the Vacation Planning forums; I was wondering if anyone could tell me how this works. Money wise that is. I know you have to put $200 down, but then what? Do you make payments ...
    Adribell-JZP is offline A-Ticket holder

Booking a trip straight off Disneyworld.com

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how this works. Money wise that is. I know you have to put $200 down, but then what? Do you make payments or have a certain amount of time to pay off the balance? I'm confused. AND is it better to book your own trip straight through Disney or through some sort of travel company and how do you know which ones are "good"???
    I appreciate the help.

Disney Bound '08 (wish it was sooner)

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    We always book directly through disney. We pay the deposit up front and then send money every month. Then 30 days before your vacation, you have to pay whatever the balance is. We don't use travel agents because we get discounts for annual passes and such and sometimes they have fees.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Final payment is due 45 days prior to guest arrival. Final payment can be made online or can be sent by mail. If you must cancel, from 44 to 6 days prior to arrival, there is an additional cancellation fee of $100 per package plus any cancellation fees assessed by hotels or other suppliers. If you cancel 5 days or less, it's a $200 fee.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I love my travel agent, Beth. She does all the grunt work, I do all the planning.
    They call me "Nana"

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    I've only booked online. I paid the $200 up front and then a few months later, I paid off the rest all at once because I put it on my Disney Visa to get the 0% interest and the Rewards Dollars.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    when we book vacations we also have trouble doing it through the internet...calling and getting confirmation from an actual CM is very reassuring.
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I was wondering the same thing. We are planning a trip in May '08 and I didn't really know where to start. Thanx for the tips everyone.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    This was the first year we booked from Disney online. No problems at all.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i never use travel agents...what we usually do is buy our plane tickets first...then we get our annual pass discounts on hotels..we book the hotel and pay the first night then and you dont have to pay the rest until you arrive. Sometimes we just make payments every month until our trip.
    shannon

Adribell-JZP is offline A-Ticket holder
    Perfect!!! I was really wanting to book straight through Disney World rather than through an agent or something and this really helps. How flexible is that? Not sure if I'll call or do it online, although it's nice that they give the options.

Disney Bound '08 (wish it was sooner)

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    Actually, now that I remember it better, I actually booked my trip over the phone. I attempted to book it on-line, but it wouldn't recognize my Disney credit card, so I ended up doing it over the phone and that went very well.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Package reservations require a $200 deposit, whether through WDTC or a travel agent. Similarly, packages must be paid in-full by 45 days prior to arrival, whether you booked through WDTC or a travel agent.

Room-only reservations require a deposit of one night's room rate (plus tax), with the balance due on arrival.

One hint about the $200 package deposit. If you do it over the phone they tell you you need to pay it immediately, but the actual rule is it must be paid within 14 days. In other words, you can book your trip but in effect still have 2 weeks to decide if it's really what you want.
    -- Eric

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The last time we went we booked through disney.com and it was actually pretty easy. This year though were going to a travel agent.

aw738 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Of the three trips I've book I used the website for the first and current. On the second one the website was down so I called Disney directly and book it. The website could be improved in my opinion.

kgiles is offline A-Ticket holder
    My last trip I used an agent which worked fine.....ecept that if I wanted to modify reservations I had o go through her. Sadly Im the one who cant make their mind up , between the 4 of us. It was nice to not have to worry about this or that but kind of a pain when DAD wanted to change something. This time we went through Disney and it was quiet nice the CM are cool and sometimes we'd just talk about random whatevers. So either way is fine, just depends on how indecisive you are. SEPT SEEMS SO FAR AWAY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast