Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Our hints, tips in the Vacation Planning forums; - If you stay with kids, spend the money and get a fridge. It's worth it. You then can go shopping at nearby Winn-Dixie. They are real inexpensive. - Instead ...
    kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder

Cool Our hints, tips

- If you stay with kids, spend the money and get a fridge. It's worth it. You then can go shopping at nearby Winn-Dixie. They are real inexpensive.

- Instead of buying pop at the parks, we bought water from the store and got Crystal Light tea mixes. The littel tubs fir in a back back and then you can fill for free from any water fountain. We must have saved about $25 on the amount of pop we would have drunk.

- Dont pack diapers. Buy them down there. It'll save weight and room in your luggage.

- We even had some of those new pre-liquidized dish wipes. It made cleaning things real easy.

- Dont forget to tip your maid. They bust thier butts for us!

- Do buy the childrens portions even for adults. It is still filling and cheaper.

- If you have seen teh parades before, skip them and hit the popular rides then.

- Buy the mugs from your resort. You'll get your fill if you drink coffee and pop.

- You can send your packages from the parks and shops to the gift shop of your WDW resort. But keep the reciept handy if you want to ship it home. They will only ship WDW items purchased on property, and you need your reciept! They will check every little item. And the FedEx Air Shipping is NOT $15.95!!!! That is the UPS ground shipping. Don't forget that!!!

- If you have a CM take your picture in the park, do it the first park you go to and KEEP THE PHOTOPASS CARD FOR ALL PARKS. Then you can see your pictures and purchase if you like when your online at home.

- Do not do DOwntown Disney at night if you don't like crowds. It gets VERY crowded. Go during the day.

- IF you rent the small boats at Riverside, it DOES take just under 1 hour to go to Downtown Disney. They are slow.

- your strollers are safe here. The CM's rearrange them to keep foot-traffic moving. Just keep looking around nearby.

- If your child is getting his 2 year molars, throw your plans out the window!!!! Just pace yourself and plan on lots of cooling-off time. MK has chewable Tylenol at the Child Care Station between Caseys Corner and The Crystal Palace.

And most importantly, smile at everyone. It spreads the Disney Magic around!!!

Have Fun!!!!!
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Quote Originally Posted by kmzairdetail
    - If your child is getting his 2 year molars, throw your plans out the window!!!!
    Very funny, but very true!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Thanks for all of those great tips!
    I second the fridge idea! I always go shopping for breakfast food, snacks & even sandwich stuff! It saves lots of money!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Very good tips! At first I didn't know what you meant by "pop," but I eventually figured it out. In my defense, this is how a conversation in N.O. woulkd go:

TOM: "Anybody want a Coke?"
    JOE: "Me!"
    TOM: "What kind?"
    JOE: "Barq's."
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BigDaddyKyle is offline Moderator
    Heres another tip...If you stay at a resort then DON'T go to the park designated to open early for WDW resort goers. That park is always the fullest for that particular day!!!

Also, pace yourself to land on a bus about 15-30 mins. before the park opens. You USUALLY get there just in time to skip the huge lines at bag check and at the gate.

If all you have is a small camera bag (Like the ones made for belts) then go throuh the bagless entrance anyway. Most of the time security won't notice it and if they do then they will quickly check it there anyways!!!
    See YOU at Disney World,

BDK

<!--StartFragment -->

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    TOM: "Anybody want a Coke?"
    JOE: "Me!"
    TOM: "What kind?"
    JOE: "Barq's."
    That's how conversation in Agrabah is, as well.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    MAybe I should have said "soda" for our east coast friends.
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Like the tips!

Hey, smiling is a good tip-remember, you are at DISNEY!!!!

I always suggest to parents travelling with little kids dying to meet many charecters, consider budgeting in for at least one charecter meal-bfast and lunches can be cheaper than dinner-that way, there are at least a few charecters you won't have to stand in line for! Nothing beats the look on a child's face while they are eating a plate of eggs and Pooh walks up behind them and gives them a hug! I think that is worth the money right there!

I also weigh what I want to do on each trip-Am I all about the rides this time, or do I want to make time for some shows, fireworks, etc? And I plan my days accordingly. On my next trip this month, I am focusing on rides-I was pregnant last time around and missed some of my favorites like Space Mountain, Splash Mountian, Test Trak, you get the idea. So, I am going to make enjoying those a priority, and hit some of those at parade times.

I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by kmzairdetail
    MAybe I should have said "soda" for our east coast friends.
    I knew what you meant be "pop." It's fine.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

4Mickey is offline &quot;But why is the Rum gone?&quot;
    Funny story: When my sister & I were younger we went up north for the first time ever on a church trip & we stayed in people's homes. Well, they kept offering us "pop" & we didn't know what that was so we just drank milk until we got back down south! We asked later why no one drank "coke" up north & our parents laughed at us!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Funny

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    Funny story: When my sister & I were younger we went up north for the first time ever on a church trip & we stayed in people's homes. Well, they kept offering us "pop" & we didn't know what that was so we just drank milk until we got back down south! We asked later why no one drank "coke" up north & our parents laughed at us!
    That is pretty funny to me, as a northerner! I'll keep that in mind if I ever have a visitor from other parts of the country.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!