Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Sort of important in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok so I am taking my girlfriend to Disney sometime next year because she has never been. I really want to make it special for her even more than it ...
    wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sort of important

Ok so I am taking my girlfriend to Disney sometime next year because she has never been. I really want to make it special for her even more than it already is. I plan on proposing there, any ideas when and where? I don't really want to do the obvious in front of the castle. Any suggestions? Keep in mind, I am not super rich or even moderatly rich...lol. Thanks!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Does she possibly have a favorite Disney or Character that may have a ride in one of the parks? You could take her on the ride pertaining to her favorite character or movie and propose on the ride?
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    I have seen a proposal in 1900 Park Fare during their meal
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    During Wishes? Close to the ending of it?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wmxxmsg View Post
    Ok so I am taking my girlfriend to Disney sometime next year because she has never been. I really want to make it special for her even more than it already is. I plan on proposing there, any ideas when and where? I don't really want to do the obvious in front of the castle. Any suggestions? Keep in mind, I am not super rich or even moderatly rich...lol. Thanks!
    I know that they have private fireworks cruises you can book where you can watch Wishes from the 7 Seas Lagoon, but I assume they're rather expensive. However, you an also see a lot of the show from on the ferry boat between TTC and MK, and the ferry is usually pretty deserted during the show. It would be tricky with timing (although maybe you could try to coordinate with the ferry boat captain ahead of time somehow -- try giving Disney a call, maybe they can help you out, or offer other low or no cost ideas), but if you can arrange to be on the top deck of the boat as the Wishes finale is taking place, I imagine your proposal would not soon be forgotten!

I've seen fireworks from the ferry twice. The first time, the captain actually stopped in the middle of the lagoon for the majority of the show, but the last time he did not and we ended up pulling into the terminal a few minutes before the end. If you decide to try this, I would do it early in your stay, and have a plan B just in case something like this happens to you.

Another option (again, during Wishes) might be to do it at the beach at one of the resorts on the 7 Seas Lagoon. You can get to the beaches at the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian by taking the resort launch from the MK, which goes to both of these hotels.

Finally, if you have aspirations to someday see the world together, you might pick one of the pavilions at the World Showcase at Epcot. A proposal in front of a replica of a famous international landmark could be romantic, and also set up a great idea for a second honeymoon later in life once you've settled down and made your fortune. I imagine you could get some relative privacy within some of the pavilions themselves during the fireworks when everyone else is clustered around the lake.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Tony

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    How about on the beach at the Polynesian during the Magic kingdom fireworks

mmr42 is offline A-Ticket holder
    On the Boardwalk (no admission) there is a gazebo there and you could do it during the illuminations fireworks which you can see from their. If you look at disneyweddings.com and go to WDW then weddings and then locations. It is called Sea Breeze Point at Disney'e Boardwalk. You can see a pics of it.

Just a suggestion. Good luck and Congrats!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    I'm all about the ferry boat proposal. At the end of the night!!

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    that would be so romantic! that is how I would love to be proposed to.
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by devkxl View Post
    How about on the beach at the Polynesian during the Magic kingdom fireworks
    Why does this sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Hmm, this sounds familiar too!

Oh yeah!

That's cuz that's where I was proposed to at! It was AFTER Wishes because my fiance is a nerd and I knew he had the ring box.

Anyway, I have a "10 ten places to propose" article here on the site! Hope that helps... if you need a more creative idea feel free to PM me... I'm pretty good with creative stuff...

Here's the link to my article... http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...er.php?aid=371
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

mickey9170 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As previously stated by others, why not during Wishes in front of the castle? Then book a Wishes ! Cruise for your wedding. Or maybe a honeymoon to WDW, but by all means, take the cruise. We did, and got married on the Wishes cruise. It was very small and intimate. We got our cake from GF bakery, had soda, chips, champagne and a great time. Our skipper, Paul, was great. For the cost, the cruise was $250.00 that included taxes, drinks and bagged snacks.

Why not propose on the cruise? Contact WDW DINE and set up a small cake and champage or sparkling cider and propose on the boat?

Hope all goes well. Let us know how things turn out.
    Kristen and Ben

Trips:
    May 99, 00, 01, 03, 07
    July 06 - Wishes! Wedding
    DVC owners at SSR - my wedding present
    We can do it, we can do it, we can help our Cinderelley........

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i would do dinner with mickey and have mickey bring out the ring.... LOL

i would FLIP OUT!!!

my hubby had the ring for weeks and i come to vist him because i lived in GA and he lived here in ky.. well we were walking to lunch and he stop and asked me to open my mouth and close my eyes... ( brent is awful for sour candies and stuff.. so ) i thought he was going to give me some awful tasting candy... then he said open your eyes and he was there with my ring inside a rose and asked me to marry him.. he had me close my eyes and open my mouth to take my mind off of a gift or something..

but ever since that one rose we have had a spot in our home for them.. and we even did the rose ceremony in our wedding.. his dad married us and when he got to the highlighted part he choked.. i think its lovely!

"Your gift to each other for your wedding today has been your wedding rings - which shall always be an outward demonstration of your vows of love and respect; and a public showing of your commitment to each other.
    You now have what remains the most honorable title which may exist between a man and a woman - the title of "husband" and "wife." For your first gift as husband and wife, that gift will be a single rose.
    In the past, the rose was considered a symbol of love and a single rose always meant only one thing - it meant the words "I love you." So it is appropriate that for your first gift - as husband and wife - that gift would be a single rose.
    Please exchange your first gift as husband and wife. In some ways it seems like you have not done anything at all. Just a moment ago you were holding one small rose - and now you are holding one small rose. In some ways, a marriage ceremony is like this. In some ways, tomorrow is going to seem no different than yesterday. But in fact today, just now, you both have given and received one of the most valuable and precious gifts of life - one I hope you always remember - the gift of true and abiding love within the devotion of marriage.
    _________ and _____________, I would ask that where ever you make your home in the future - whether it be a large and elegant home - or a small and graceful one - that you both pick one very special location for roses; so that on each anniversary of this truly wonderful occasion you both may take a rose to that spot both as a recommitment to your marriage - and a recommitment that THIS will be a marriage based upon love.
    In every marriage there are times where it is difficult to find the right words. It is easiest to hurt who we most love. It is easiest to be most hurt by who we most love. It might be difficult some time to find the words to say "I am sorry" or "I forgive you"; "I need you" or "I am hurting". If this should happen, if you simply can not find these words, leave a rose at that spot which both of you have selected - for that rose than says what matters most of all and should overpower all other things and all other words.
    That rose says the words: "I still love you." The other should accept this rose for the words which cannot be found, and remember the love and hope that you both share today.
    __________ and ________, if there is anything you remember of this marriage ceremony, it is that it was love that brought you here today, it is only love which can make it a glorious union, and it is by love which your marriage shall endure."
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy