Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Booking a Trip - Possibly in the Vacation Planning forums; So I was on the WDW website just looking around at some options for booking a trip in October. My mom and I have been talking about going. I tried ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Booking a Trip - Possibly

So I was on the WDW website just looking around at some options for booking a trip in October.
    My mom and I have been talking about going.

I tried a 6 day plan at All Star Movies (Park Hopper). It came out to about $540 a person. This is of course before the flight.
    When I added a potential flight it seemed to be pretty expensive.
    So I was wondering. Should I look for a flight elsewhere instead of the WDW website? I mean, I suppose I don't really need the flight included with the tickets and resort.

Also, the closer it gets to October should I expect the price for resort and tickets to go up, or should it pretty much stay the same?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    When in October Katy?

The end of the month is always a lot more expensive than the beginning of the month.

I've always booked my airfare seperately whenever I traveled to WDW. I always did it directly through the airlines website. Normally I find fares for cheaper than for WDW and it gives you the option to shop around! Try shopping around for airfare and see what you come up with yourself!

Normally the prices get more expensive. At least that's what I've always seen the closer to it. You should be good for a little bit though at that rate.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Hmm I've been on a few different websites (Expedia, Priceline, DEtroit Airport) and all of them are saying $200 or more for round trip.
    I guess I have not paid for a flight in a while, but that seems like a lot.
    The WDW site was about the same.
    Granted I don't know the exact dates or anything right now, but I just put in a date for a better idea.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Don't you all love when I try to plan a vacation?

Lol! I know I ask too many questions. I am just a planner!!!

My fiance is a fly by the seat of his pants type of guy and it drives me crazy!

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    We plan our trip each year ALL YEAR!!!!! I say try to find the best price on whatever airlines is the cheapest, then use the extra $$$$ at the parks!

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    200 bucks isn't bad for airfare lately Katy. Round trip has gotten a LOT more expensive with gas prices to a lot of the major airports and cities.

I used to be able to fly Orlando to Milwaukee and vice versa for about 118 now the cheapest I can find it 280-320.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    In one of the latest "All Ears" newsletter, they had a link for a great website: http://www.kayak.com You put in your flight information (date, desired departure time, cities, etc.) and it searches airfare sites (Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, plus all the major airlines) for you and lists them. Then from there you can pick the best fare and purchase it through whomever the fare is through (so you're still buying yuor tickets from a well-known site like Orbitz, etc.) I'll probably end up using it when I get ready to book my trip.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Don't you all love when I try to plan a vacation?

Lol! I know I ask too many questions. I am just a planner!!!

My fiance is a fly by the seat of his pants type of guy and it drives me crazy!
    I would go crazy too I plan "ideas" 6months-year in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    200 bucks isn't bad for airfare lately Katy. Round trip has gotten a LOT more expensive with gas prices to a lot of the major airports and cities.
    I used to be able to fly Orlando to Milwaukee and vice versa for about 118 now the cheapest I can find it 280-320.
    She is right, $200 is actually a decent price. That's how much it would cost per a person to fly there from NYC in the middle of June.
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post

Oh ok, I wasn't sure.
    I have not boughten a ticket in a while.
    My fiance bought the tickets for our trip last month so I had no idea how much it cost him.

Well maybe I will just pick a flight on the WDW website if it is about the same. It might be easier just to do it all in one.

Another question. If we go we will be putting our trip on a credit card. I am assuming that I have to put the both of us on the same credit card in order for us to be in the same room and flight. Is there any way if we maybe call them that we can get in the same room/flight but put my charges on my CC and my moms on her CC?

Quote Originally Posted by Attitude Tink View Post
    I would go crazy too I plan "ideas" 6months-year in advance.
    That makes me feel better. Lol.
    I feel so silly, this is like months and months away, but its good to be prepared!

May I ask one more tiny question? LOL!

If I book with a credit card now, for a trip in October - will they charge my CC now? (giving me the time now to start paying for the vacation) or will they charge it when I go on my trip?

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I know absolutely nothing about booking trips to WDW, just stuff I've read here. But I would think that they would gladly charge you now, if you wanted? I've also read here about people making payments on a booked trip up to like 45 days before their arrival?