Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss June in the Vacation Planning forums; How are the crowds at wdw the first week of June? I know it's going to be busy with schools letting out, but is it tolerable?...
    sonnyatdisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Question June

How are the crowds at wdw the first week of June?

I know it's going to be busy with schools letting out, but is it tolerable?

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    I was there in the first week of June last year, and will be going back agaiin. There were more crowds than the off season, but they were very manageable.
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

Was it very hot at all? I know it is probably hotter in July and into august, but was that pretty bearable as well (temperature and humidity wise)?

DisneyHottie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I live in Florida and June is always in the 90s... Is was in the 90s just the other day actually...
    Hopeful Fall '08 CPer!!
    In love with Cptn. Jack Sparrow

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    June is hot. June-Aug is the worst here.

Crowds will be more packed than the off season, but if you play your cards right, you can minimize line waiting time.

Can you give some tips on how to avoid long waits?

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My tips will depend on whether or not you plan to be returning to the same park later in the day, or later in your trip

If NOT, then about the only tip I have is use Fastpass, and do shows and walk-on (i.e. no wait times) things in between times. Oh, and be sure to pay attention to your FastPass- if the time is far enough out, then they now allow you to get another Fast Pass to something else before your FP time at the attraction.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyatdisney View Post
    Can you give some tips on how to avoid long waits?
    Fastpass. I have a couple of tips to maximize the benefit of fastpasses.

First, check the length of the standby line before you get a fastpass for any attraction, as some you just don't need them. I never ever bother with a fastpass for Mickey's Philharmagic, for example, because it's been more than two years since I've had to wait through more than one showing.

Second, always, get your next fastpass before you use your current one. For example, you have a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear that says you should come back between 1PM and 2PM. You are allowed to get another fastpass as of 1:05PM. So at 1:05, go get your next fastpass for another attraction, then come back and do Buzz Lightyear. You'll end up walking more, but you should also get to go on more stuff.

Remember that there's nothing that says you have to arrive at the moment your fastpass opens. If you are standing around waiting for your fastpass to come due (which I see all the time), you're wasting your time as well as causing a traffic problem. As long as you arrive before your fastpass time window closes, you'll be guaranteed to get on the fastpass return line. (Many castmembers don't even enforce this restriction, but I wouldn't press my luck.)

Also, the previous poster mentioned that if your fastpass time is farther out, you don't have to wait until it opens to get your next pass. The official time is 2 hours. So if you get your Space Mountain fastpass at noon, and it tells you to come back at 3, you can actually get another fastpass at 2. Each fastpass will have printed on it the time that you can get another one.

Tony

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydw View Post
    I was there in the first week of June last year, and will be going back agaiin. There were more crowds than the off season, but they were very manageable.
    That was my experience in 2005. We also experienced a lot of rain, but that was okay because it was hot and humid so it was needed.

FYI
    Although many schools in the Southern part of the country are on Summer break, the entire country is NOT. Some K-12 schools go into and through to the end of June.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...