Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Help Me Decide in the Vacation Planning forums; Our next trip to WDW is in about a month. We're using the one day we had left on our 3 day passes from the last trip. We don't have ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Cool Help Me Decide

Our next trip to WDW is in about a month. We're using the one day we had left on our 3 day passes from the last trip. We don't have the park hopper option so I'm trying to decide what park to visit. Since I can't seem to make up my mind... I'm looking to you guys to help make it up for me.

For those who don't know I have an infant in tow with me so that obviously impacts the decision. From my point of view MGM is completely out of the question because there is so little there he can ride and enjoy. He'll be 12 and a half months old for this trip and hopefully walking a little.

We did MK and Epcot on the last trip and he loved them both. He's crazy about Fish so Epcot was great for The Seas but MK had a lot more he could ride and enjoy.

Other important info: We'll be hitting the park on a Monday and leaving the park to drive home afterwards... probably around 6:00pm-ish.

So... hit me with pros and cons and suggestions!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

With an almost 1 year old in tow.....no question, Magic Kingdom!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Yeah, I think I would go with the Magic Kingdom on this one.
    More that he can do and enjoy....and the shows and main street...and dole whips.....I WANT TO GO!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    No question!! Magic Kingdom!! Can I go?

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    With an almost 1 year old in tow.....no question, Magic Kingdom!!!
    Actually he'll be over a year old for this trip - wahoo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Yeah, I think I would go with the Magic Kingdom on this one.
    More that he can do and enjoy....and the shows and main street...and dole whips.....I WANT TO GO!!!!
    Mmmm Dole Whips! Can you believe I missed these on the last trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic
    No question!! Magic Kingdom!! Can I go?
    Sure come on down! LOL!

Ok so the overwhelming response thus far is for MK I see... anyone disagree?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I don't disagree at all! I love MK. Has he been to AK yet? That might be an option. But if I only have a day MK all the way!

Nope hasn't been to AK yet. Just MK and Epcot. He loves our local Zoo but doesn't really notice much so I wasn't sure.

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My 2 y/o has been going to WDW since he was in utero, and that with 3 siblings (ages 3, 3, and 1 at the time) along That said, we did every park with him....BUT as passholders, it isn't as important to pick one park or anything. I would say, though, that for the past couple of yrs, MK has been where we have spent the most time, since the kids were all little. They are older now (6, 6, 4, & 2) and are learning to enjoy the other areas more and more.

Now- to answer you: My first suggestion would be MK. However, truthfully, MK is huuuuuuge and you won't do it all in one day, with a 12 month old along. He would enjoy MK no doubt, mostly if you confine yourselves to Fantasyland and Toontown. But there will be things all over the parks you can do WITH him. Some that come to mind that we did (still do, cuz 2 y/o isn't tall enough for anything):

~Buzz
    ~Toontown- visit Mickey's House, and Minnies House, play in the (wet!) play area over there.
    ~turn around, head over to Fantasyland where you can do: (well, he can play in Pooh's playarea)
    ~carousel
    ~teacups
    ~Philharmonic (if he doesn't get scared)
    ~Snow White's "Scary" Adventure
    ~Peter Pan
    ~Pooh ride
    ~its a small world
    ~play in Splash Mtn play area while you and dh take turns doing BTM and SM
    ~head over to PoTC
    ~you could try Haunted Mansion, if you think he wouldn't be scared of the dark and noises
    ~Jungle Cruise
    ~Enchanted Tiki Room

I might be forgetting something, but those are all things that our whole family does together.

My second choice for you would be Animal Kingdom, where there will be other things, several shows, and since he loves fish, a Nemo Musical
    ~Safari ride,
    ~Nemo Musical
    ~Lion King Show (be sure and try to sit near the front, and wave your hands wildly, so he can get picked to dance in the show lol)
    ~that Dinoland play area
    ~Pocohontas show
    ~Train ride to Rafiki's Planet Watch
    ~Flights of Wonder
    ~Tough to be a Bug (3D show, might be scary for him tho)

That's about all I can think off the top of my head for a 1 y/o. Of course there will be parades at both parks. You can check www.waltdisneyworld.com for calendars for each park for park hours for the day you want to arrive. Typically AK closes at 5, but now that the time changed, it's anywhere from 5-8pm. (least I think it's 8 as the latest on the calendar?? maybe it's 7) Anyway- lots more for him at MK, but when you think of how much you will actually be able to DO... you can probably only fit the same number of things in at either park, before 6pm.

Hope that helps some!
    Last edited by HomeofLove4Him; 03-12-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Well ok thanks Tasha for all that info... I will say that by no means are we trying to do it all in one day. He's been before and we're renewing our annual passes come May (when we have the money - long story) so we'll be able to go any time we want... so I'm not trying to do anything insane this trip either. This isn't the first and certainly won't be the last trip he'll make with us living so close.

Unfortunately he's in a phase where being still long enough to catch most of the shows at AK is probably not going to happen. He's my wiggle worm.

Almost everything you listed for MK we did with him on our last visit... we didn't do Philharmagic because well, there's no way he'd keep the glasses on so the effect is sort of lost on him. Ironically he loved HM. I figure that's because he's not yet at an age where he has much reason to fear the dark. That said, you listed a couple things that we missed or couldn't do and it makes me think that's even more of a reason to do MK... hit the stuff we missed.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Nope hasn't been to AK yet. Just MK and Epcot. He loves our local Zoo but doesn't really notice much so I wasn't sure.

AK is Nahtazu!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    AK is Nahtazu!
    Y'know what's funny? When I typed that I thought to myself "I wonder who the first person to respond with the Nahtazu thing is gonna be." LOL!! Yes yes I know... I was making the point that if at the Zoo he doesn't notice much of the animals he won't appreciate the majority of what's at AK. LOL!

ROFLOL @ Nahtazu

Jenn- I didn't think you had any intentions of doing it all in one day. I was just trying to list EVERYTHING I could think of that are things we do "all together" (as in, not taking turns sitting with youngers due to height limits) at those two parks. I basically was just trying to give you a list of everything you *could* do with him at both parks.

Oh, and when Noah was a wiggle worm, we found that there must be something extra-magical about the shows at WDW, because while he would not sit still to watch a show at home, he surely sat still (mesmerized!) at the shows at WDW Noah enjoys 3-D shows, even when he wouldn't leave the glasses on - there are still neat effects at Philharmonic and Tough to be a Bug that don't require glasses. The other day (Sat?) we were at AK and he enjoyed TTBAB with dh holding his glasses on his nose for him LOL

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    From a strictly economic point of view, I wouldn't do AK without a parkhopper, simply because AK is not a full day. With a parkhopper ticket, at least when AK closes you can go spend a few more hours somewhere else.

If I had one day and a non parkhopping ticket, I'd probably go to MK -- unless they're closing that park early too, in which case I'd do Epcot.

Tizzo, I agree.. but she said she was leaving at 6pm, either way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast