Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss i need my disney fanatics 2 CENTS!! in the Vacation Planning forums; i'm thinking of booking a trip from oct. 28 to nov.3... Halloween is our 4 yr anniversary!! we want to go and spend a good day in each park.. we ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i need my disney fanatics 2 CENTS!!

i'm thinking of booking a trip from oct. 28 to nov.3... Halloween is our 4 yr anniversary!!

we want to go and spend a good day in each park.. we will have our 2 yr old with and she is also a mickey and minnie nut!! and she loves nemo and ariel!!

we took her last july and she had a ball but we only stayed 2 days.

but i was wondering about the croweds this time of year with a little..

i just need ya'lls OP's on this time frame for the trip..

i know i'm babbling hopefully ya'll willget what i'm talking..

thanks for any help ya'll can give me
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Labor Day through the week before Thanksgiving are usually pretty low season. If you do go them, make sure you do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Great fun, especially for the little ones... if you don't mind them getting TONS of chocolate. Also one of my favorite parades and fireworks specials.

Quote Originally Posted by satijp View Post
    Labor Day through the week before Thanksgiving are usually pretty low season. If you do go them, make sure you do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Great fun, especially for the little ones... if you don't mind them getting TONS of chocolate. Also one of my favorite parades and fireworks specials.
    thats the plan to tricker treat at mickey's not so scary halloween party.. we realy love halloween! and i must dress up as tink.. i must!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    The last weekend in October is busier than other weekends. The reason why? A lot of northern schools have "teacher's convention" or "fall break" that goes over Halloween. So the last weekend in October is a bit busier due to a lot of northerners on a break. It's definitely not as busy as peak, but it will be a little busier.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    The last weekend in October is busier than other weekends. The reason why? A lot of northern schools have "teacher's convention" or "fall break" that goes over Halloween. So the last weekend in October is a bit busier due to a lot of northerners on a break. It's definitely not as busy as peak, but it will be a little busier.
    thanks..

we went last year in july and on top of it being crowed it was awfully horribley HOT!! i never will go in July again..

i say that now.. but if someone asked me this july... i would be already packed and out the door.. i would never miss a chance to go to disney!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I went once in June. Ugh. Too hot and too crowded. So now we go every year in October. It is fabulous. The one year the crowds were sort of ugly was the anniversary year. Otherwise, you can usually walk on to every ride with the exception of Soarin' since it is still pretty new. The weather is beautiful but you usually get a little more rain so pack your ponchos. Go to Animal Kingdom on your rain day though because the animals love it and you will get to see more. Keep the dining reservation in your cell phone because if you decide you want to eat somewhere often times you can call the same day and get a reservation (ADR) within a few hours which is the nice thing about October- with the exception of princess dinners.

thanks for the great info!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    thats the plan to tricker treat at mickey's not so scary halloween party.. we realy love halloween! and i must dress up as tink.. i must!
    I've never attended one of the separately ticketed events, so I'm not positive of this, but it is my understanding that Disney limits the number of tickets it sells to events like the Halloween party, so attending on one of these dates should give you some insulation from excessively large crowds. Perhaps someone else here can verify this.

A general rule of thumb, at least in my experience, is that the later Disney keeps the MK open, the more people they expect. So if you look at the calendar showing park hours on disneyworld.com, and you see a weekend of closing times in the 11PM to 12AM range smack in the middle of a month when MK usually closes between 8 and 10, it's a pretty safe bet that those days will be busier than the others.

On the flip side, even on these late closing days it has been my experience that after Wishes (almost always 10 or earlier) the park gets relatively deserted.