Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in the Vacation Planning forums; i seen something about when i was planning my trip? it said something about i "MAY" have to purchuse separte tickets for it.. my lil one will be 2 by ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

i seen something about when i was planning my trip? it said something about i "MAY" have to purchuse separte tickets for it..

my lil one will be 2 by then and she isnt scared of people dressed up at all.. and she had a ball trick or treating last year..

but i was hopeing someone who has went to it.. could tell me more about

thanks guys!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I went in 2005 and had a great time! I loved it. We went on a night that wasn't too crowded and got to ride a ton of rides. There were plenty of kids dressed up and trick or treating. We didn't go for candy but there was plenty! I loved the parade and the song is still stuck in my head. It was worth the extra cost to me.

i was thinking of going halloween night?? we will be at disney from the 29th thru the 3 of nov..

is that a bad idea? should i go a different night?
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

I don't know. I know there are others on the forum who have gone in later Oct who can give you that advice. Enjoy it though! It is fun.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I would epect extra crowds on Halloween night but even when Disney sells out their special events (i.e. Not so Scary, Very Merry, Pirates and Princesses...etc) the park is nt packed to capacity by any means. So I don't see it being horrible.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    We went on Halloween night and it did sell out but as stated it was no where near capacity. The only problem was we went back to the hotel to change and almost missed our ADR because of the lines waiting to get back in. It was an amazing time and I recommend you dress in character.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl View Post
    We went on Halloween night and it did sell out but as stated it was no where near capacity. The only problem was we went back to the hotel to change and almost missed our ADR because of the lines waiting to get back in. It was an amazing time and I recommend you dress in character.

what do you mean ADR?

and i fully plan on going as tink and my lil girl has a minnie and a snowwhite and a ariel costume so i'm toren on what she should be!

i cant wait!!

PLUS!!

Halloween is our wedding anniversary
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

ADR= Advance Dining Reservations. With the popularity of the Dining Plan, it is important to make reservations for table service dining.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    You will have a lot of fun. I think the parade is one of the best things. Make sure you get a spot a little early- or wait for the second parade because the best part is getting to see the Headless Horseman race by on the largest horse I have ever seen. I have been to the party 3 years in a row and it has always been the highlight of our trip. We usually park ourselves in front of the riverboat just down from the Hall of Presidents. Make sure to get your tickets early. They are separate. I usually just get them from disney.com. Especially if you go on the 31st, you have to order early. They could already be sold out. If you order them you can use the will call option and just pick them up at the park when you arrive, that way you don't have to pay for them to ship them to you. Another perk about going to the Halloween party is getting to see characters you normally don't get to see. And, they are all dressed in their own Halloween costumes which have changed from year to year. You can also see Minnie in the gazebo behind her house and Mickey at his house. Usually you have to line up in the Judge's tent. You also get to see lots of villians which is really cool too. Get your autograph books ready! Hope this helped a little.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We've been to MNSSHP a few times. Once on Halloween Night 2003, Mischief Nights in 2003 and 2005, and on the Friday before Halloween Night in 2005. Yes, we really, really, really enjoy MNSSHP. All of them were sold out nights, but it did NOT adversely affect the party IMHO.

We would most certainly do it again. As a matter of fact, odd numbered years are our MNSHHP & F&WF years....but not this year... This year is going to be another Christmas trip (I secretly prefer late October/early November in WDW! Okay, it's not really a secret. ).

And as far as your wedding anniversary, please tell me you had a monster motif as part of your reception and/or bridal shower!! Ever seen the movie Steel Magnolias?

boo to you and you and you and you....HAPPY HALLOWEEN...boo...to you...boo to me!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    we went back in 2003 and we had a great time. there's tick or treat stations, photo areas, and most of the major rides stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    We've been to MNSSHP a few times. Once on Halloween Night 2003, Mischief Nights in 2003 and 2005, and on the Friday before Halloween Night in 2005. Yes, we really, really, really enjoy MNSSHP. All of them were sold out nights, but it did NOT adversely affect the party IMHO.

We would most certainly do it again. As a matter of fact, odd numbered years are our MNSHHP & F&WF years....but not this year... This year is going to be another Christmas trip (I secretly prefer late October/early November in WDW! Okay, it's not really a secret. ).

And as far as your wedding anniversary, please tell me you had a monster motif as part of your reception and/or bridal shower!! Ever seen the movie Steel Magnolias?

boo to you and you and you and you....HAPPY HALLOWEEN...boo...to you...boo to me!

thanks for all the great advice!!

and yep we had a halloween theme'd wedding.. we were going to get married on christmas but we couldnt stand being away from each other anymore.. i live in GA and he lived here in KY.. so while i was on a visit up here we deicded to go ahead and get married and in a week planned a halloween wedding..

this is us after we got ready for the wedding.. we dont have alot of good pics.. we left it to his niece to do pics and they are awful and dark.. but we had some friends at the local tv station come and record it for us.. and edit it.. and we have a awesome wedding dvd!!!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have been to MNSSHP on a sold out night and it was NOT FUN!!! You can hardly do anything, the park was packed!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think it depends on when Halloween falls. Being mid-week this year, I think you should be ok. I went Halloween night two years ago and the most crowded "attraction" was the parade, which was great. Rides and candy lines weren't that bad though. I think sold out is only 5,000 tix. Don't know where I heard that, but I do know it's a fraction of normal day park tix sales.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    and yep we had a halloween theme'd wedding.. we were going to get married on christmas but we couldnt stand being away from each other anymore.. i live in GA and he lived here in KY.. so while i was on a visit up here we deicded to go ahead and get married and in a week planned a halloween wedding..
    That's great! I love it! I would have loved to get married in October, but October is too close to my birthday and well....I gotta separate the major jewelry giving occasions to maximize the jewelry collection.

Quote Originally Posted by satijp View Post
    I think it depends on when Halloween falls. Being mid-week this year, I think you should be ok. I went Halloween night two years ago and the most crowded "attraction" was the parade, which was great. Rides and candy lines weren't that bad though. I think sold out is only 5,000 tix. Don't know where I heard that, but I do know it's a fraction of normal day park tix sales.
    The Halloween Night I went fell on a Friday, and it really wasn't that bad crowdwise. We were even able to walk into LTT for dinner w/o a PS. Initially they turned us away, but a manager saw us and decided we could get seated. I was very surprised because I didn't think we had a chance, but decided to ask anyhow. I also went on the Friday before Halloween before. It was a little more crowded, but I still felt it was very manageable.

I think the downside of doing Halloween nights nowadays is that Halloween night tickets are more expensive than the other nights.

I don't know the # of tickets they sell, but it is limited. I believe the old e-ride nights were limited to ~5,000 tickets. However with the increasing popularities of these hard ticket parties (MVMCP & MNSHHP), I do feel they are selling more of these tickets that than used to. It's just a feeling, I have no numbers or anything to back this up.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast