Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Night of Joy? in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay... I'm in a bit of a spot here! I'll will be in Disney on Sept 9th, getting in around 4 or 5pm. Night of Joy is that night, and ...
    CrazyPi is offline A-Ticket holder

Night of Joy?

Okay... I'm in a bit of a spot here! I'll will be in Disney on Sept 9th, getting in around 4 or 5pm. Night of Joy is that night, and out of curiousity I looked to see what it was. I was shocked because my favorite band, Flyleaf, is playing!!! I've been trying to get tickets to see them, but I was in the hospital last time they played near me.
    Does anyone know how long each band's set is? If it's only like 3 songs, I might not do it. Then again, I LOVE flyleaf, so I think I'd pay to see them no matter what...
    Another thing is, I love love love Flyleaf, but I'm also an atheist and I'd feel really odd and out of place at a christian thingie. I don't mind other people being religious, but at a christian music concert if I talk to anyone that might come up...
    Also, would this event be safe for my dog? If I went, he'd have to come because I can't see when it gets dark.
    Someone please help me out, I need to make a desicion within a few days because that's when I'm making my reservations for FW, Segway and maybe tickets for this.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i would say if you.. understand that it is a christian gathering and that you should keep you beliefs to yourself and enjoy the show.. i wouldnt go in thinking i'm going to let all this people know in a hurry am i atheist.. i would go in and join the show and be done... but if you feel out of place then again you might not enjoy it..

my father in law is a pentacoastal (SP) preacher and my hubby and them are very religous where me on the other hand i have my own belliefs in a greater being... so we dont see i eye to eye at times..

but back to my point.. when i go to a penacoastal churhc and they are up running around and screaming and speaking in tongues and all it freaks me out !!!! thats just not the kind of thing i'm used too.. so i could see why you would be concerned
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

CrazyPi is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't intend on talking about my beliefs (or lack thereof). Even without people knowing I'm an atheist, I just think I'd feel out of place even if I wouldn't look or seem out of place.
    I did talk it over with my mom, and I decided that I am going. I love Flyleaf too much to pass it up for something as silly as feeling out of place.