Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Resorts @ Xmas in the Vacation Planning forums; I know I def wanna go resort hopping for a day on my disney vacation this december---but i dont know which hotels to visit---i know that the GF AKL & ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Resorts @ Xmas

I know I def wanna go resort hopping for a day on my disney vacation this december---but i dont know which hotels to visit---i know that the GF AKL & Contemporary have some cool things--what else do you guys think i should see?? i was wondering--should i just visit the deluxes or are the mods and values all decked out too?? has anybody seen CS @ xmas? is there anything special there? it looks like a beautiful resort and i think i would like to see it even w/out decorations!!! we'll be staying @ AKL and POFQ so if there is anywhere else we should def. go out of our way to see lemme know!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

I was there this past Dec. and there are decorations everywhere. I didn't get to resort hop but I know there is a nice display at Boardwalk. And for some reason I'm thinking at the Gingerbread House at GF there was a paper that said where some displays were. There was also a nice gingerbread house in America in Epcot. DTD is cool because there's a tree with game and toys on it.

Have fun!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    They also have a gingerbread display at the Beach Club

The beutiful Christmas tree at the Wilderness lodge
    Last edited by Kellie19891992; 04-21-2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: adding something i forgot

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I was the Coronado Springs last Christmas and they have a HUGE Christmas Tree in the lobby...all the decorations have a Spanish theme. It was absolutely beautiful.

I have someif you want to see them email or PM me. I can't attach them they're too big.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

cmurph1624 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Its been about 8 years since we have been there at Christmas time but all I remember is that no matter where you go Disney does Christmas really well. The one that always sticks out in my mind though is the GF there's nothing like turn of the century America done up in a Christmas scene. I think if you want to see a hotel without decorations you would want to go see it with them.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Boardwalk, Grand Floridian and The Yacht and Beach Clubs should be on the top of your list.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
    Boardwalk, Grand Floridian and The Yacht and Beach Clubs should be on the top of your list.
    I agree but have to add Wilderness Lodge, the tree is incredible. I have not been to the mdoerate resorts at xmas time so can't help you there, the values aren't really anything to travel for.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Wilderness and The Animal Kingdom Lodges both have great trees!
    While the value resorts don't have ALL OUT decorations, they are cute themes - if you are staying there.
    I didn't visit any of the moderates on our little family christmas tour.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have been to all the hotels at Christmas time and have stayed at all but the Beach Club, Pollynesian and Old Key West. The Wilderness Lodge, hands down is the best resort to get you in the Christmas mood. The horsedrawn carriages, the fireplace in the lodge, the giant Christams tree, the carolers. When I sit by the fireplace on a rocking chair, sipping hot chocolate, looking at the decorations and listening to the singing, I feel like I am taking part in oneof those picture perfect scenes in those Christmas Special magazines IOh I want to stay there next Christmas!
    Annual Passholder.

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I have gone for past 3 years during the xmas season, I love it! We use to go for Halloween and then one year they started putting up the decorations while I was there and that made me want to go the following year in early December, the best week is the week right after Thanksgiving! Weather is always nice and it's not crowded. This year, I just made my trip plans for Nov 1st - 8th, I am taking my parents and it was a better time for them to go. I know that the weather is a little warmer too! I am so excited, I start planning as soon I make my phone call.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop