Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Seeing Characters in the Vacation Planning forums; When I was a kid I remember walking around the parks and having the Characters appear out of no where and kids swarming around them. Do the characters still just ...
    cmurph1624 is offline A-Ticket holder

Seeing Characters

When I was a kid I remember walking around the parks and having the Characters appear out of no where and kids swarming around them. Do the characters still just walk around parks or are do they just go to the character greeting areas, like camp Minnie Mickey?

How long do you have to wait in line at Camp Minnie and Mickey to actually see a character (We are going the end of May)?

Are the autograph books really worth it to get them and carry around with you, do young kids 5 to 9 really enjoy it?

Lil Magic's Mom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My DD is 10 and she loves to get autographs. I got her a book about 5 years ago and every trip she takes the same book. We get the Characters to sign on one page and put the picture of Amber and what ever character that is signing on the other side. We also put the year on the bottom of the pages so we know when it was. It is so fun to watch the characters go through the book and look at themselves from a few years ago. We have 1 more trip before we have to get another book. I remember one year Donald Duck was looking through the book and found himself and he was just thrilled to see himself "back in the day". I also love to see how my DD has changed over the years and this is one way I can do that, and also remember how much fun we had on our trips at the same time.
    Only 15 minutes from the back gate of the most wonderful place on Earth!!!

Seeing characters now is soooooo much easier. Since most of them are around with character handlers it's more organized. Wait til varies with each character. I don't recall waiting too long at Camp Mickey/Minnie. Just get there while a preformance of Lion King is going on. If you get there right when the performance lets out you'll be wating forever. There is a character connection place at Epcot and on every map it shows where you can find them. The longest waits always seem to be back in Toontown. If you want to go there, try at the end of the day when the fireworks and parade is going on. One time DH and I went in and almost walked into the room. When we got done in one line we went back to get in another. I kept going in to see Tigger. It was great!

And WELCOME TO DWT!!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Magic's Mom View Post
    My DD is 10 and she loves to get autographs. I got her a book about 5 years ago and every trip she takes the same book. We get the Characters to sign on one page and put the picture of Amber and what ever character that is signing on the other side. We also put the year on the bottom of the pages so we know when it was. It is so fun to watch the characters go through the book and look at themselves from a few years ago. We have 1 more trip before we have to get another book. I remember one year Donald Duck was looking through the book and found himself and he was just thrilled to see himself "back in the day". I also love to see how my DD has changed over the years and this is one way I can do that, and also remember how much fun we had on our trips at the same time.
    What is "DD" short for? I've noticed it a lot here in the forums but I can't seem to figure it out, now it's starting to drive me crazy...lol. Thanks!
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

Lil Magic's Mom is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Disney Daughter
    DF= Disney Family
    DH= Disney Husband and so on
    Only 15 minutes from the back gate of the most wonderful place on Earth!!!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i made a autograph book for my daughter and then she has a photo book that is hers she plays with.. she is 20 months so i keep her autograph book.. i made her another one to take this time becauase we are having breakfast with the princesses and i now have one with mickey and friends and one for the princesses.. i suggest making one.. they are much nicer keepsakes that way and the charters seem to make a big deal out of speical pages made just fro them..

i like to do the breakfasts because my hubby is the type of person who will not wait in line for it... so since i have the dinning plan i just use it for the meals.. i have princess meal plan and chef mickey again and the crystal palace

heres pics of my books i have made

the front of this one says and they lived happly ever after

All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Magic's Mom View Post
    That is such a great idea. Making your own autograph book is a good idea too since you can make it just the way you want it. I wish I'd started an autograph book when my daughter was little.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i always thought it stood for dear daughter or dear husband.. but.. like the disney part better
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

cmurph1624 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I do like the make your own idea, It could save some money and be more fun for the kids.