Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Hotel Prices in the Vacation Planning forums; I am going to get on the website later when I get out of work and check this out, but I was just wondering if anyone knew the difference in ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Hotel Prices

I am going to get on the website later when I get out of work and check this out, but I was just wondering if anyone knew the difference in price if you are putting 2 in a room or if you are putting 3 in a room? Does the price per person go down if you have three? Or does it go up? Or stay the same.

I am looking at the All Star Resorts.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i read if its children it doesnt go up.. and the rates dont chage until its a 3rd adult then its more per each adult
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

but that was a 2003 travelers guide so it may have changed but i just remember reading it
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Oh well it is another adult.

I was thinking that if my cousin went with me and my mom maybe the hotel would be cheaper per person. But I wasn't sure if then they would just give you a large room that is more expensive anyways.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

its not much more let me find it
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Oh well it is another adult.

I was thinking that if my cousin went with me and my mom maybe the hotel would be cheaper per person. But I wasn't sure if then they would just give you a large room that is more expensive anyways.
    It all depends on how you want to play with words.

The 3rd adult charge is something like $15 a night. So a $150 per night room for 2 adults ($75 per adult per night) becomes a $165 per night room ($55 per adult per night). The room gets a little more expensive, but PER PERSON it gets cheaper.

You are in charge of making your reservation. Disney will tell you your options and limitations, but they just won't automatically do something without your knowing about it.

They will allow 3 adults in ANY room on the property as long as that room doesn't have a king-size bed. But king-size bed rooms are an option you have to specifically ask for and it costs more, so it's not like they'd accidentally stick you in one of those.
    -- Eric

Ty CleveRocks

That helps a bunch. I was thinking of booking on the website so I wouldn't actually be talking to someone on the phone about it.
    Do you think it is more beneficial to book over the phone?

i have heard of people having issues and having to do it by phone anyway... i try to do everything online.. i hate calling in
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Katy, when I added a 3rd person to a grand floridian room it was $28.50 per night. I'm sure it may be different based on resorts, but that's all it was to add a third person to the Grand Floridian in December.

When are you going?
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    Katy, when I added a 3rd person to a grand floridian room it was $28.50 per night. I'm sure it may be different based on resorts, but that's all it was to add a third person to the Grand Floridian in December.

When are you going?

Oh we don't think we will go until October of 2008. I need all that time to even save for it. And you know me, I plan WAY in advance, lol.
    But I was just on the website punching in dates for this October just to see about what the price might be. It seemed I could go for 5 nights 6 days for only 500 something just at an All Star Resort. I want to check later when I can what it would be for 3 people. We would love to stay at Port Orleans but if I want to go at all I can't be picky. And we won't be in the room that much at all since we don't have kids with us.

So that is all I know so far.

Oh also, are all of the All Star Resorts going to be the same price?