Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss fire??? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! I was wondering if the GA/FL fire is effecting Disney guests?? If so, what is Disney doing to make visitors more comfortable?...
    Victoria'sMom is offline A-Ticket holder

Question fire???

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if the GA/FL fire is effecting Disney guests??

If so, what is Disney doing to make visitors more comfortable?

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i know my friends who live like in lakeland and around are praying for rain!! they have showed me pics and its very smoky looking!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I live in Celebration, and it's gotten better.

Yesterday wasn't smokey at all, but over the weekend it was just hazy and smelled like smoke. But yes it definitely does cause problems in the area. I've been hiding inside since I have allergies, asthma, and a cold.

I was in AK last year when you couldn't even see the parking lot and you couldn't see more than a couple feet in front of you because smoke was so bad. From everything I know, Disney doesn't do anything as it is not their fault that all the fires are burning. However, I'm not 100% sure.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

JennD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I was in Disney last year also when the AK was so smokey. It was really eerie. We were staying in the AKL and you could smell the smoke in the room!

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I remember driving down for the first time from CT back in '98. At that time there were fires similar or even worse than whats happening now. As we approached Fla, the sky up ahead looked black, and we thought it might have been a thunder storm rolling in. We soon found out that it was the smoke from the fires. Traveling down I-95 we saw the burned grass and trees on the side of the highways, cars that were disabled in the shoulder were torched, and it was very eerie knowing that where we were, a fire had just swept through. I had just bought a Saab convertible and remember being worried about the cloth top, there were little embers flying though the air. We ended up being ok, but there was all ash accumulated in the grill of my car and made it run hot. I had to get out and brush it off like snow.

One funny thing, there was a bill board sign near the highway for Burger King. Most of the sign was burned except the part that said "flame broiled". They weren't kidding! i took a picture and sent it in to Car and Driver magazine but they never pulished it.

We had a great trip but the smell of smoke blew in once and a while. It was kind of neat in a way--a real adventure to say the least.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeinthesky View Post
    One funny thing, there was a bill board sign near the highway for Burger King. Most of the sign was burned except the part that said "flame broiled". They weren't kidding! i took a picture and sent it in to Car and Driver magazine but they never pulished it.
    I love that! I have a thing for signs, especially funny ones. That would have been great for the National Lampoon's True Facts book!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I live about 2 hrs north of WDW (and about 20 miles south west of the fires - yikes) It is pretty smoky but not unbearable - and it really depends on the wind, some days you can barely see anything and others it is beautiful. I would advise you to postpone a trip if you suffer from allergies or other respiratory conditions but otherwise I think you'll be fine.
    I've gone to WDW twice since the fires and couldn't even smell any smoke at all....but like i said it depends on the day
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.