Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss How is it in the Summer? in the Vacation Planning forums; I am going to Disney from June 24th-29th and I have never been to Disney World in the Summer...My family always goes at Christmas time. So for one, how hot ...
    Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder

How is it in the Summer?

I am going to Disney from June 24th-29th and I have never been to Disney World in the Summer...My family always goes at Christmas time. So for one, how hot does it get in FL in the Summer? What kind of clothes should I pack and whatnot? And two...how crowded is it around this time as opposed to Christmas time? Is it busier? About the same? My friends and I want to try and get everything done...but that may be impossible if the ride lines are going to be 2 1/2 hours I mean...it's busy during Christmas, but somehow it seems faster then. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

How hot? lol

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    To me it is super hot you need a shower after just taking one and you never want to leave the room.

But that's just me...I don't handle heat and sun very well.

baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hot and sticky....and then of course, stinky at times....lol....so humid your clothes feel wet! But it's still the Happiest Place on Earth!

A little pixie dust can fix anything!

Quote Originally Posted by baccimia View Post
    Hot and sticky....and then of course, stinky at times....lol....so humid your clothes feel wet! But it's still the Happiest Place on Earth!
    ugh...well..you're right. At least I will be in Disney :

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    I am going to Disney from June 24th-29th and I have never been to Disney World in the Summer...My family always goes at Christmas time. So for one, how hot does it get in FL in the Summer? What kind of clothes should I pack and whatnot? And two...how crowded is it around this time as opposed to Christmas time? Is it busier? About the same? My friends and I want to try and get everything done...but that may be impossible if the ride lines are going to be 2 1/2 hours I mean...it's busy during Christmas, but somehow it seems faster then. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
    When I moved here from NJ, I was surprised to learn that it really wasn't any hotter in the summer than it was back home. In fact, that first summer NJ was hotter than here. The difference is that the heat is unrelenting. When it's 90 for a couple weeks in NJ, it's considered a heat wave, even though it seems to happen at least once or twice every summer. Here it's normal. It doesn't really get any hotter, it just gets that hot and stays there. Also, in NJ when it's hot there will usually be an afternoon thunderstorm, after which it's cooler and drier. Here, you get the afternoon thunderstorms every day, but it doesn't get any cooler or drier afterwards. It also doesn't seem to really cool down much at night.

Still, in addition to heat and rain, you may want to a sweatshirt or light jacket just in case. My wife always brings something when we go out there, not because it's going to get cold outside -- but because they keep it quite cool in some of the indoor venues. Not uncomfortably cool (at least not as far as I'm concerned), but cool enough that relative to the outside air, and especially if you're a bit damp with perspiration, it could be slightly uncomfortable.

As far as crowds, yes it's crowded. But there are ways around the crowds. Use fastpass for the rides with longer waits and don't waste it on rides that don't need it. Try getting on standby lines during parades and fireworks (if you don't mind missing them). There have been lots and lots and lots of tips posted by others in these forums. Spend some time looking around.

JennD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It can get pretty hot during the summer. My suggestion is that you get to the parks early in the morning, ride some rides, and then around noon head back to the resort and hit the pool, relax in your room, or visit some of the other resorts. Around late afternoon ( like 3 or 4 ), you can return to the parks and enjoy the attractions later on in the night. By doing this, you can beat the heat and the crowds!

Where are you from in NJ? I'm from NJ as well....Point Pleasant! Thanks for the tips! And thank you Jenn for the tips as well.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    this hot...LOL

this is us in line at Pirates... bug fell asleep inline

All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

i look awful...LOL i had my hair up in lil tails.. and the rubber band broke so my hair looked like bad all day
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

that's adorable.....but yeah...wow...that's hot....poo

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    Where are you from in NJ? I'm from NJ as well....Point Pleasant! Thanks for the tips! And thank you Jenn for the tips as well.

I grew up in Wall, just north of you.

LOL.. during our afternoon break.. i wouldhave to change ALL my clothing down to the undies i sweated so much.. but i'm a chunky girl...LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

yay for the Jersey Shore! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast