Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss September Vs. October Vs. November in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by mini-V Oh, but going when it fits your wallet IS the perfect time for you. Since you're not going till 2008, you can put a little bit ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Oh, but going when it fits your wallet IS the perfect time for you. Since you're not going till 2008, you can put a little bit a side each week. Brown bag it for lunch a few times a week and put 1/2 the money you save aside for your trip. I bet you'll be surprised how your nest egg will grow.
    That is what I have started doing, I started a savings account just for it. I have worked it out where I should have enough by that time. I hope!!! Lol!
    Thanks for the help, I know I am being silly lol! I just really want to go!!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    your not being silly at all!!! because i'm going this fall and still saving for it.. and i have already started thinking about when i wanna go next year..LOL
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    Well don't be too jealous, I am already planning this for 2008, not this year. I will not have near enough money for it this year.

So when mini-v said I was overplanning, she was so right. But hey! I like to know everything before I make a commitment. I plan on booking it as soon as the dates are available for 2008.
    I know everyone will laugh at me that I am planning so early.
    Hey I thought I was overplanning too! I have planned a trip for Sept 2008 for my youngest sons' birthday. We have the whole family going and have a need to keep to a budget, use f flyer miles, dining programs and such. We want to go during Sept to match birthday date but also want to go to MNSSHP. We have a mix of grandparents, aunt/uncle, us and kids. Trying to please all even this far out is impossible. My husband, myself and our kids are the only ones that have been before and the others have seen our video/photos and want to experience all that we did and more. We have even started to look at dates for calling to reserve dining so we can see Fantasmic and eat at Cindy's. My folks think I'm mad to preplan so much but it seems to be the only way to get everything into our two weeks. I have even started sending family newsletters reminding them of choices, amount of $$ to put away each week and hinting that all gifts for b/days, christmas etc need to be in line with our Disney dream getaway. MMMM ...have I gone too far?
    Kylee

My mom and I were there last year in mid-October and loved it. The crowds weren't that bad at all. The only problem we had was it just happened to be the week Orlando was setting record highs. It was 95 degrees and that was unusual for that time of year. But other than the heat it was fun. We went to F&W and I can't say the crowds were that bad and the night we did MNSSHP wasn't crowded either. Keep an eye out for good promotions. This trip was almost a last minute trip. I had heard about a promo in August and 6 weeks later we were there. My mom and I stayed at Pop for a week and both had park hoppers for $350 each. I thought that was a great deal considering sometime a week stay at a Marriot would be more.

Have fun planning! I'm not going until Dec. 2008 and I'm already planning.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    Mid-late September is nice because all the kids are back in school, so the lines are dead, and the Food and Wine Fesitval is just starting sometime around then. If that's no good, I've gone the week after Thanksgiving, and it is amazing because they are all decorated for Christmas but there are absolutely no lines to speak of. Not sure what pricing is like, but I've heard you can always get great deals right before the holidays.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12