Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss September Vs. October Vs. November in the Vacation Planning forums; I need some opinions about the best time to go between these three months? I will most likely be staying at an All Star for 5 nights 6 days, or ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

September Vs. October Vs. November

I need some opinions about the best time to go between these three months? I will most likely be staying at an All Star for 5 nights 6 days, or 6 nights 7 days.

I am looking for cheapest time and less crowded. Also I have heard in some months it is better to go in the beginning of the month or the end of the month. I would ideally like to go during the Food and Wine Festival BUT I am going to go with whatever time is cheapest.

Any opinions or advice on this matter would be awesome!! Thanks for bearing with me for all my stupid questions!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

minnieme is offline A-Ticket holder
    i heard mid and end of sept is the least crowded as most kids go back to school then so it is a hard time for families to go then. most parent would not take their kids out just day after starting school.

Oct i think is crowed for the Halloween stuff
    Nov. is too with the holiday coming. but I'm sure it is a really nice time to go though!
    MinnieMe

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    This year, Early to Mid Sept has the free dining promotion and Magical Beginnings/Little Ones Travel Time promotions designed to bring in the toddler and preschool rugrats. It is also still pretty hot then. So expect restaurants to be crowded, especially early in the evenings, and certain areas like Fantasyland and parts of MGM Studios (where the special concerts are held) to be busier than normal.

Food and Wine begins Sept. 28th, and while that makes Epcot more crowded, especially on weekends, it doesn't impact the other parks significantly. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party starts Sept. 14th (Sept. 14, 21, 28, 30 and then more frequently in October), so on those days MK will be more crowded and will close early to non-party guests.

Traditionally, the first 3 weeks of November are pretty light, but I've been there over Veteran's Day weekend and it was quite busy. It's cooler then, and as long as you're outta there before the week of Thanksgiving, crowds should be light.

Value season for the All Star Resorts is August 5 - October 3rd. After that it is Regular season (about $17 per night more) until Nov. 24. Then it actually drops back to Value rates for Nov. 25 - Dec. 19 before shooting up to Holiday prices.

Just a few facts to throw in the decision making mix!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    werew booked the last week of october fallin a lil into Nov and through AAA its costing us 1300 with dining at ASMovies.. i priced the sametrip for the last week in the free dining and we would have to stay at ASSports because its the only one booking left.. but it would cost us only about 900 and something.. so i big savings.. so i'm kicking myself in the booty just a lil...LOL and in the last week you can go to the MNSSHP if you want
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

So the 900 trip was in what month?

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

sept... the last week of free dining
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think you may be over planning this trip. Pick a time that fits your schedule, plan to stay where you can afford, do the things that you are interested in, and GO! Whatever week you book will have it's pros and cons. Disney plans it this way. They want people to come on all the 52 weeks of the year so they plan a variety of things to occur at various times. If you keep checking for other dates after you book, you're bound to find something that looks better in some way, shape or form. You might get a better price on dining, but the airfare will have increased. You may find the crowds better during one week over another, but the weather could end up being better had you gone with the original dates. The bottom line is that this is supposed to be a vacation. If you try to make it the perfect vacation, you will end up being disappointed because you'll be stressing out on doing it all and doing it best.
    And how do I know this? Because I'm very good at buying something and then going back to see if I got the best price or the best one or whatever! My daughter tells me to "let it go" all the time. So, I'm passing on the advice....Let It Go!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

i was concernd about price and crowdeds do to the hoilday so i checked.. but the cons was sept is considered hurricane season... i talked to brent and told him and he said stick with the plan at hand.. even though it costs more thats what we have planned and it gives us more time to save up more Spending $$$!!

and that s plus for me.. i took a part time summer job working 15 hrs a week to make sure i have plenty of blow money.. so if i see something i want... i'm getting it!!!...LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

I know I am overplanning but unfortunately for me money is scarce. I can't pick the perfect time for me because I need to pick the perfect time for my wallet. I probably should not even be going to begin with, but I can't get it out of head. I am driving my fiance insane, and he is not even going on the trip. I just need the magic.
    Any of those months would work for me, so I was just wondering based on people's experience (because I have none) what months seem the best.

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    My vote, and experience, is with the very end of September into the beginning of October. The combination of free dining, part of food and wine, slightly cooler weather, and - - - during the weekedays - - practically empty parks are all great perks! You can probably also get the cheapest rate then at the value resort. I've been down there twice at the end of september and the longest wait I ever had was maybe 20 minutes for Tower of Terror but mostly I just walked right into anything I wanted. It's also a good time to go if you are going by yourself - - - less families and more older adults that don't make the single traveler feel as 'obvious' (for the record, I love going solo to WDW!)
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

i also think the end of sept is a good idea
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Thanks JustinM.
    I will definately be planning to go on mostly weekdays, probably a monday through a saturday. That time of year sounds perfect for me. I will be going with my mom so (nothing against kids) but any chance to avoid lots of families with little ones is ideal for me.
    We went at the end of October over 5 years ago and I remember it not being too busy, but also this was a gift to me by my parents so I had no idea how much it cost. I knew I wanted to go again around the same time, but needed to know the differences.
    Thanks for the help.

Justin M is offline Fastpass Holder
    Anytime. I'm jealous! Everytime I read about people planning their trips on here I sit and wonder how long it will be until I can get back down there!
    Justin

www.dreamcmo.com

Send your questions about my CMO experiences to Justin@dreamCMO.com and you just might make it on the site!

Find me on 'Facebook' as well! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506475946

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxsEymi9SE - CMO Blooper reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiIo5xUlQkg - CMO "Adventurosity Remix"

Well don't be too jealous, I am already planning this for 2008, not this year. I will not have near enough money for it this year.

So when mini-v said I was overplanning, she was so right. But hey! I like to know everything before I make a commitment. I plan on booking it as soon as the dates are available for 2008.
    I know everyone will laugh at me that I am planning so early.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    I know I am overplanning but unfortunately for me money is scarce. I can't pick the perfect time for me because I need to pick the perfect time for my wallet. I probably should not even be going to begin with, but I can't get it out of head. I am driving my fiance insane, and he is not even going on the trip. I just need the magic.
    Any of those months would work for me, so I was just wondering based on people's experience (because I have none) what months seem the best.
    Oh, but going when it fits your wallet IS the perfect time for you. Since you're not going till 2008, you can put a little bit a side each week. Brown bag it for lunch a few times a week and put 1/2 the money you save aside for your trip. I bet you'll be surprised how your nest egg will grow.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast