Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss February Travel in the Vacation Planning forums; That used to be our month, February. From what I remember it's cold-ish and some things are closed due to lower numbers. Now bear with me, because it's been a ...
    GusGus' Mom is offline A-Ticket holder

February Travel

That used to be our month, February. From what I remember it's cold-ish and some things are closed due to lower numbers. Now bear with me, because it's been a while since we've been down. 10 years to be exact and the whole nature of the WDW experience has changed. Well, we've decided it's time to plan another trip and head back as adults, and with the fall getting away from us that January/February/early March time frame looks ideal. We mainly want to avoid as many crowds as possible, and have the best experience we can have. So please help, you're the experts, what would be the pluses and minuses to February to WDW?

Thanks so much!

Leah

JennD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have gone often in February and the crowds have ranged during the month. I'm from New Orleans and we go often during the Mardi Gras holidays. I know Mardi Gras falls very early next year, so a lot of New Orleanians escaping mardi gras will be there around the 4th of Frebruary. Also, Presidents weekend is VERY crowded!!!

I love going during this time of the year because even though it can be crowded, its not as bad as the summer. Plus I think the nice weather makes the crowds more tolerable. Thats just my opinion!

If you have any more questions, I would love to help you out!
    Jenn

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by JennD View Post
    I have gone often in February and the crowds have ranged during the month. I'm from New Orleans and we go often during the Mardi Gras holidays. I know Mardi Gras falls very early next year, so a lot of New Orleanians escaping mardi gras will be there around the 4th of Frebruary. Also, Presidents weekend is VERY crowded!!!

I love going during this time of the year because even though it can be crowded, its not as bad as the summer. Plus I think the nice weather makes the crowds more tolerable. Thats just my opinion!
    I found this too be true too. We really enjoyed our February trip a few years ago. We have pictures of us wearing sweatshirts, but coming from MD at the time, the weather was definitely better than up north. The crowds were noticeably heavier over President's Day weekend, but were still very do-able.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I went this past February. The weather was in the 70's and sunny everyday. When it got dark out it got a little chilly, but other then that. I basically walked on to every ride with 10 minute wait or less.
    I didn't see anything that was closed except for El Rio De Tiempo which they were renovating.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

GusGus' Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks so much! I think we are going to go for the smaller crowds and cheaper hotels of February.
    Leah

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Feb. can be chilly, especially at night but still comfortable. You might want to call Disney to ask if any large groups will be visiting the parks for the dates you are planning to be there. My wife and I went this past Feb. and there were thousands of "dance team" girls from all over the country. They were there for their annual convention and competition.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I would reccommend early december - It is generally not too cold (a sweatshirt at night, short sleeves during the day), and it is virtually empty - the longest line i ever waited on was 10 minutes. The best part is that it is all decorated for the christmas season - which makes it all the more magical
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.