Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How much do you sepnd (total) on a WDW vacation

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss How much do you spend for your WDW vacation? in the Vacation Planning forums; Around $2500 for our family of four. That includes airfare and staying onsite. I don't think that's too bad....
    jsloan409 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Around $2500 for our family of four. That includes airfare and staying onsite. I don't think that's too bad.

Coby'smama is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My family is going in a month - 4 adults and a teenager flying from Philly - adult daughter flying from Nashville - staying at the Boardwalk Inn. Hubby wanted 3 rooms for bathroom ease when we're all trying to get out the door for EMH! So that's what we're doing - with the basic dining plan and Hopper passes we've paid out a bit over $8,000.00.

1976 College Spring Break! With best friend!
    1977 Honeymooned at the Polynesian
    1978 stayed off site - Main Gate Howard Johnsons
    1986 Stayed lagoon view Polynesian - 2 kids!
    1988 Hubby and me at Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)
    1990-Off site cheapy hotel! With 2 kids!
    1996 with friends at their time share-now with 3 kids
    2000 took 7 year old on a surprise destination trip-Dolphin Resort
    2000 - My son & daugher-in-law honeymoon at the Polynesian
    2001 - My daughter Sr. Class trip stayed at AllStar Music
    2007 - 30 year anniversary trip with the whole family - 2 adult kids, 15 yr. old and daughter-in-law - Boardwalk Inn
    September 2009!!! Beach Club - me, hubby and best buds - no kids this time around. How exciting!

pleaklysohana is offline A-Ticket holder
    We spend around 3000 each time we go down. Thats dinning plan and sov.

TreysMomma is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Our trip in 2 weeks is going to be about $4000 + whatever souvineirs we get, which will be minimal. We have 5 adults, and my son is only 1, so he's free. This includes our stay at Fort Wilderness Campground, our gas for the motorhome there and back, park hopper tickets for 8 days, and the dining plan.
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

1995-Offsite ~ 1997-All Star Sports ~ 2004-Pop Century ~ 2007-Fort Wilderness
    2009 - Unknown

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    We spend less than $2000 each time we go, but we go a couple of times a year. Our second trip costs less because we have APs and don't have the ticket cost. We drive and with gas prices the way they are we will spend a lot more this time than any before.

DisneyDreamz99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We having went yet as a family...i've been 11 times....but I'm saving and hoping to spend around $3000-$3500. Maybe a little less or more depending on where we stay. I really want the wilderness lodge but I might save a bit and stay at the port orleans riverside. That way we can get the dining plan and buy our son things he might want. He's only 14 months old and we want to go by the time he is 3. I'm going to beg next year that we can go when he is 2 but if we dont go then I'll just have more time to save and more money to spend!!!!

*missing Disney World so much*

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    $2,000.00, But they're usually 3 day long weekends.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

disneyfan822 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Marion, Illinois, originally from St. Louis, MO
    Mine got more and more expensive as I went along with the planning. We're also going to Cocoa Beach and Sea World this year so that adds to the expense. It'll end up being a little more than $5000 when it's all said and done. Leaving this Wednesday for WDW! Yeah!!
    Sheila disneyfan822

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World
    could someone tell me.....a general ballpark would be great please. my gf and I are planning on going next summer sometime, for 6 nights 7 days, and flying from ohio. all stars resorts food tickets including park hopper. I would greatly appreciate even just some ballpark guesses. thanks everyone!!!

dlpmikki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We tend to go for 3 weeks because the flights are expensive from the UK (over $2000 for the two of us in October). We hire a car and probably have 3 table service meals a week and do eat off site as well. It does all add up though! I figure in 3 weeks we spend about $3k on food, shopping etc. I am not counting accomodation because it is usually DVC and that is hard to work out the actual cost with all the banking and borrowing of points. We could do it somewhat cheaper but as long as we don't go into debt for our holidays I am ok with what we spend.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    We usually figure for 2 to 3 thousand. We are AP holders so i only figure that cost once, and flights end up 4 to 6 hundred depending on when we go (no really cheap flights from Alabany or Syracuse). Food and extras like a tour a trip and souveniers amek up the extra . We also do the majoirty of the Christams shopping while there, that counts in.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    We tend to go for 3 weeks because the flights are expensive from the UK (over $2000 for the two of us in October). We hire a car and probably have 3 table service meals a week and do eat off site as well. It does all add up though! I figure in 3 weeks we spend about $3k on food, shopping etc. I am not counting accomodation because it is usually DVC and that is hard to work out the actual cost with all the banking and borrowing of points. We could do it somewhat cheaper but as long as we don't go into debt for our holidays I am ok with what we spend.
    Three weeks! i'd love to spend three weeks!. Ever thought of adopting a nice American couple?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

disneylover87 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm spilt between the top two groups. When I go to florida my whole family (of 5) usually go too. On average it costs us about £1000 ($1800-$2000) per person. This includes flights, car hire, 2 weeks in a villa, disney tickets, an orlando flex ticket and food. Lately we've had boyfriends and girlfriends tagging along too so our total spend goes up over $10,000 per trip!
    All you need is Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha36 View Post
    Costs us nearly £5000 - whatever that is in $! Around $8000 - $9000 I guess. Thats for 2 weeks stay on Disney property, car hire, flights, park tickets, meals...the works. We don't get to go often, so we like to have the time of our lives when we can go.

I echo what Tasha said plus, for us, since we come such a long distance, we normally stay for around 19-20 nights. Also, we like to pamper ourselves and upgrade our flights!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    For the two of us (Adults ) this coming trip in December is costing £2500.....around $4500 ??????? (i think ).........that includes Disney Park tickets for the 2 weeks & Flexi Park tickets to go to the "Other" Parks..Flight & Hotel.
    Thats for 2 weeks only & staying off property ( In International Drive ) Room only...................then on top of that ...Food $100............$150 a day roughly...for the two weeks...................Spending money!!!!!!!!! BOY can I spend........................plus we always book two or three of Dinner Shows up...another $300 plus.
    Coming over from the UK is an expensive time........but worth it.
    You ,ve got to just do everything you possibly can.............. when you do get to go , as living so far you can,t get to go so often as you "locals"
    Last edited by disneylady; 08-08-2007 at 11:54 AM.

I Belle
    Maggie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast