Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How much do you sepnd (total) on a WDW vacation

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss How much do you spend for your WDW vacation? in the Vacation Planning forums; Were a family of 2 adults and 2 kids from England we get a package for 14 nights off property (usually International drive area ) inc 14 day car rental ...
    paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder
    Were a family of 2 adults and 2 kids from England
    we get a package for 14 nights off property (usually International drive area ) inc 14 day car rental and Virgin flights in economy
    Thats £2500 roughly $3750 Then Disney tickets at £600 thats another $900 We take about £1500- $2250 for spending money and any big purchased go on the credit .card
    So thats just over £4500 -$6750 give or take , That include every thing and we do everthing that we want If you know what I meanWorth every penny-cent,
    cheers Paul

disneylover87 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by paul mex View Post
    Were a family of 2 adults and 2 kids from England
    we get a package for 14 nights off property (usually International drive area ) inc 14 day car rental and Virgin flights in economy
    Thats £2500 roughly $3750 Then Disney tickets at £600 thats another $900 We take about £1500- $2250 for spending money and any big purchased go on the credit .card
    So thats just over £4500 -$6750 give or take , That include every thing and we do everthing that we want If you know what I meanWorth every penny-cent,
    cheers Paul
    Hi Paul, I'm from the UK too and I'm struggling to find many good deals to Florida for next year. Who do you book with? I thought that £2500 for 4 people sounde dwuite good, especially including flights with Virgin and car hire!
    All you need is Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!

paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hello
    We normally book thru Jetsave ,This year was £2300 for 2 weeks in Feb at a Travel lodge on I Drive with car inc all insurance, Next April is booked with Virgin and staying at Pop Century 2 weeks with car again is £2898 ,Jetsave couldnt get us in at pop or All star Movies ! They only had All stars music or sport left !!They said all us Brits wanted to go to Movies next year We have never stayed on property before and our boys are growing up quick 7 and 9 so it was now or never really My Wife always books our Hols and does spend ages looking for the best deals and she always goes for the best/most expensive car insurance We have found good deals on the internet for attraction tickets but never on the actual package hol?????? Maybe we dont look in the right place but we always seem to go back with the same companys,I have been tempted with buying every thing seperate and staying in a villa but we always have such a great time and we have to save quite hard to afford our hols I dont want to have a bad experince to damped our helping of Disney,
    cheers Paul

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Living in Colorado, it's always at least $1000 for the four of us to just get there... so of course we like to stay for at least a week, and that means at least another 1000 for hotel, then food and souvenirs on top of that...

Plus once we got hooked on staying on property, we haven't been able to avoid that... we've done the All Stars and Port Orleans FQ depending on the season and the rate.

Did I mention it's always worth it??

blue donkey is offline A-Ticket holder
    Every year my husband takes me to a Disney. I LOVE disney, & he is learning to like it more & more.

We have only been to WDW 3x but each time we go, we spend more & more. My husband goes b/c I LOVE Disney. So we have now learned the more convenient the hotel, the better. The monorail hotels seem to be the best for us & we easily spend $7000-$9,000 on our trips. We love the fact that we can go back to the hotel without any fuss. It's worth every penny if you stay within a few minutes of the park you love the most. And for next time, we might have to try the Lodge next to AK to see the animals & heard that you can sign up for the Sunrise Safari if you stay at the Concierge level.

This year we went to Tokyo DIsneySea & Disneland for 3 nights (wish our schedule would have let us stay longer). Maybe we spend about $1200 (Marriot hotel & doesn't include transpp b/c we were already there) but we weren't able to book a room at the Disneyland Hotel literally at DisneySea. Next time, that's a definite must.

For Disneyland, we only go for about 3 nights when we go ($1000). We live in CA so save on plane fare.

It's better for us to save for a vacation & wait longer to take it than to have to worry about the money we're spending. But then again, we have no kids to worry about & I know that's a whole different story.
    Hidden Mickeys, beware!

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Well for this trip I'm spending a little over $600 and that includes my airfare (roundtrip direct-flights from IND to MCO), 4 days and 4 nights at Pop Century and my 4-day park hopper ticket. I won't buy a lot of souveniers and I don't eat a lot (if I get a decent breakfast I'm pretty much good for the rest of the day). It's not a bad deal in my opinion.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    With me, my wife and my daughter it's typically around $3500 with everything. Airlines, hotel (all-star), food and souviners. This year we're taking my mother in law and the total will be pushing $4000. All but food is already paid for and she says she's going to contribute about $500 towards food. I won't hold my breath on that one
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    With me, mum and 2 boys, airfares, hotel, food, souvenirs and excursions I usually spend around £6000. I only come every 2 years but would rather go on holiday less than go to Spain,France or Italy twice a year. I can't imagine a non-disney holiday!

wedlegacy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Sadly, I only live 2.5 hours away and I manage to spend anywhere from 500-1000 each time I go down because I have to stay at least 2 nights, but mostly 3 or 4 nights. We went down for the day last Saturday just to shop and ride the new HM and it just seems very depressing to come home the same day. My daughter is going BACK down this weekend with her grandparents and then she and I are going down the third week of October for her bday/not so scary. We're staying for 5 days so yeah, I manage to spend more than my share down there yearly, if not monthly. But every penny is worth it to me.....I mean, ya can't take it with ya to the grave so why not spend it at Disney!
    Tiffany

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Our next trip - Quite a lot since we are now staying 21 nights at the Dolphin and we always upgrade our flights to/from Orlando with Virgin Atlantic!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    On my girls trip coming up it's about 860(that includes airfare and DDP). I'm sure we will spend quite a pretty penny at the F&W festival and fun in the evenings....

When I take my dance team it's been 860 per girl flight, all meals, 4 day park hopper and 5 nights at an allstar.

In two years I'm going again with my team and it'll be over 1,100 for all the above but staying at a moderate and possibly adding Cirque and/or another night.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm lucky that my line of work takes me to Orlando quite a bit, so I'll often take my family with me and thus the hotel, car and some other expenses are paid for. That makes us spoiled, though, so when we go on our own we spend quite a bit and like to stay in the upper-end hotels.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    On our last trip from July 10th - 17th 07', we spent about $5500. That was for 5 adults ( all 3 kiddos are 10+ yrs. in age ). Our DD's BF came along with us b/c it was our oldest DD's " Sweet Sixteen " birthday while we were there. She covered her own airfare, park passes & lodging, but we covered all her meals for 8 days. But that is OK, b/c she is a great kid. That also includes 6 day hopper passes, 7 nights at All Star Music In a family suite ( mini-bar, private bedroom, 2 TV's & 2 full baths!!! ) airfare, Meals ( DD's Sweet Sixteen $250+ B-day dinner at the Coral Reef - which was well worth it btw ) & souvenirs out the wazoo!!! We booked the trip through a travel agent friend of ours, and boy howdy did it pay off!!!
    Last edited by Dizisit; 10-06-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: R
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I've been to the World 11 times since 1997, and it seems to me that my average cost for a 6 day trip - five days in the parks - is $1,000. I buy a 10 day, park hopper, no expiration ticket every second trip, so every other trip is really more than that, and the 'other' every other trip is really less than that. But around $1,000 person (IE, person who has to have a ticket and will purchase every meal) seems about right to me.

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    After starting to add this up in my head I decided to stop at $2000 for the two of us (mom and I) for a five to seven day stay before food and gifts.

And I'm never going to add it up again!

Cuz if I did I wouldn't go - it might be more expensive than going to Europe! Even with our crappy exchange rate at the moment.

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast