Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: How much do you sepnd (total) on a WDW vacation

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss How much do you spend for your WDW vacation? in the Vacation Planning forums; I have always done disney on a very strict budget - day trips only, counter service resteraunts, limited souveneirs (poor graduate student that I am). Last time I visited I ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

How much do you spend for your WDW vacation?

I have always done disney on a very strict budget - day trips only, counter service resteraunts, limited souveneirs (poor graduate student that I am). Last time I visited I started wondering how much the average guest spends when you include hotels, food, expereinces, souveneirs, tickets etc etc..I imagine it could get very expenxive, very quickly! How much do you spend while vacationing in WDW? Poll results are private.
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    As mentioned above I have always done WDW on a budget - out of necessity rather than choice - i assure you!!! I normally just take a day trip, eat breakfast off property and have lunch and dinner at a counter service resteraunt. I use my season pass and my son is two so he is free. I normally get his face painted and buy him one small souveneir but I easily fall into the under 200 category (given that I only go one day at a time).....Can't wait until I can fall into the more than 10k club!!! 10 nights in the Grand Floridian Concierge suite, character meals every day..here I come!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Depends on how long we go for, the occassion and what resort we stay at......I have easily been in the top three levels at some point or another in my adult lifetime.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We run in the neighborhood of $3,000 +. Thats for everything resort, airfare, park tix, dining plan, misc. That's for about 7-8 days.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would estimate $3000-$4000 w/o airfare (we drive) when you count ticket/hotel package, rental car, gas, all meals/snacks, souveniers, everything I purchase prior to the trip like clothing, rain coats, shoes, extra memory for my camera, Pal Mickey, etc. That's for 2 adults and 1 child (3 yrs.) 7 days/ 8 nights.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Costs us nearly £5000 - whatever that is in $! Around $8000 - $9000 I guess. Thats for 2 weeks stay on Disney property, car hire, flights, park tickets, meals...the works. We don't get to go often, so we like to have the time of our lives when we can go.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I always make sure we see and do as much as possible when we're there. It can be expensive and you never know if it will be your last time.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Depends on who you ask. If you ask me, I say, "Not enough." If you ask Mr. iwbm, he says, "Too much!"
    They call me "Nana"

Andyxox is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm going to Epcot in a few weeks with a friend, and we're going up during the afternoon to hang around orlando (free stuff), then get a hotel, then spend the next whole day at Epcot, and drive back that night. We split gas and hotel, he pays for SunPass, I pay for parking. So for me, 60 dollar ticket, 8 or so for parking, 15 for gas, 30 for hotel, and 40 or so for food. Pictures are the only souvenir I want. 153 dollars.

Usually I go as a day trip, and forgo the hotel and half the food, so it comes out to around 100 dollars.

When I was in school they would organize a day trip to Epcot, and it would be 50 dollars for ticket + transportation, and 15 or so for food, so it came out to 65 dollars then.

I'm personally a budget tripper, so if any of you know tips (i.e. parking) it would help!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    every penny I bring!! (No truely, each trip varies so much. Sometimes I am very frugal, others, it is a planned "vacation" where I save and save....)
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

sandmansjupiter is offline A-Ticket holder
    I try not to spend money on things that aren't necessary, but really what helps is a good hotel, good food, and lots of fun...

The over spending and lack of money after vacation is something that can always be worked out later...

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(
    My trip this year was under $2500 with 8 nights hotel, airfare and Magic Your Way base tickets. I am planning on another $2000 for everything else, food, souveniers, and a water park. This time I even added the Luau at the Poly. I am proud to say I am a big shopper when it comes to finding value vacations. I firmly believe that you don't have to pay a fortune to enjoy a nice vacation whether it is at Disney or not. It amazes my husband when I find the good deals. Disney doesn't become less magical when you are penny pinching. We saved for over a year for the trip.

We are staying at the All-Stars Movie Resort. Sure, I would love to stay at one of the deluxe or even moderate priced resorts, but with a 10 and 13 yr old, they enjoy the larger than life Disney motif at the All-Star's. Once the kids are grown, then I will get to satisfy my desire for the other resorts. It's enough for all of us now to just be there.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    I'm guessing our trip next May will be over $18000 for 9 of us. The trip is only possible because my Nan died and the inheritance is paying for all of us, so i'd like to say "thanks nan, i miss you and hope that, somehow you will be able to see your daughter, 2 grandaughters(and partners) & 4 great-grandchildren having the some of the best days of their lives!"
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Well I'm like a lot of you guys in the sense that I almost find it fun to see how great of a trip I can plan for the least amount possible. Of course, it helps that my grandmother lives down there in the winter so lodging and car is free. Last trip, I went from March 3-11 so that's 9 days. I spent 200 for plane tickets and 200 for Disney tickets. Didn't pay to park cause Grandma's a season pass holder so I just showed them her card and got in. I'm a light eater so about 100 for food for the week. We're looking at around 500 for my 9 day vacation. Not bad.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    this october trip so far is like 1300 thats for 2 adults and a 2 yr old.. thats for 5 nights at all star movies and park tickets for 4 days and the dining plan.

i figured gas would be $200 down and $200 back up.. but now my hubby has this new position where he got a company car and gas card and they will pay for the first tank of gas down and the last tank of gas we just have to get them to approve it which i see no big deal there... so that will save a lil money... well considering gas is nealy $4 a gallon in some places could save alot of money...LOL

i'm figuring were in the 2000 grand mark..

i'm thinking of adding one more day of park on to my passes.. i dont know??
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast