Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Tips for a toddler trip in the Vacation Planning forums; My son will be 14 months when we arrive in WDW. I've been there 3 times so far, but never aiming to look for toddler rides or things to do. ...
    TreysMomma is offline B-Ticket Holder

Tips for a toddler trip

My son will be 14 months when we arrive in WDW. I've been there 3 times so far, but never aiming to look for toddler rides or things to do. Can someone give me some *must dos* and some *definitely donts*? thanks!
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

1995-Offsite ~ 1997-All Star Sports ~ 2004-Pop Century ~ 2007-Fort Wilderness
    2009 - Unknown

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Ironically, I was well into the process of writing a book on this topic, but I got wind of someone I had asked for advice telling his friend to write the same exact book and get it to the publisher before me.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Things you've GOT to do are; At the Magic Kingdom - Everything in Fantasyland. Should be able to see everything in TOON TOWN FAIR except ride the Barnstormer of course. Pooh's Playful spot.

CHARACTERS! CHARACTERS! CHARACTERS! -

Over at MGM, they have a spot on Mickey Avenue ( I believe) where the playhouse Disney characters hang out at. Such as Jo Jo and Golliath from Jo Jo's Circus, The Little Einstein's, But definitely must check out as many characters as you can. Also, Beauty and the Beast live on stage has a lot of singing and dancing, so he may like that.

Epcot! There is a place called Character Connection where Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Chip and Dale hang out at. Journey into Imagination. Nemo and Friends, he probably will like, as well as Turtle talk with Crush.

Animal Kingdom...If he likes animals, he will definitely like the Safari ride, Have to take him down to Camp Minnie Mickey section. He may like Pocahontas and her forest friends, as well as The Lion King show. It's tough to be a bug.

And i can't think of any more off the top of my head! Hope this helps
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Buzz Space Ranger Spin. My son loved it.
    Eric

Thanks so much for all the tips! He has already had lots of exposure to characters at some local places around here, so I'm hoping he is still good with them. My little brother screamed his lungs out at Disney when he was little. Thanks again all!
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

2009 - Unknown

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I have an almost 2yo son and we go alot (starting at 15 months)

The following are my top tips
    - Bring a bathing suit/swim diapers and let em go nuts in the water at Poohs playful spot
    - Try to schedule a character meal for before the parks opens, you can get some great pics of the little one on an empty main street and finish breakfast before the park gets busy
    - take a break in the middle of the day, head back to hotel for a nap
    - avoid long lines....toddlers just don't understand waiting
    - find the baby care stations and use them - they are great, even if you just need a break
    - make sure they stay hydrated and fed (they forget they are hungry and thirsty b/c of the excitement)

Favorite Rides/ Attractions
    MK
    - Tiki birds (Riley loves this)
    - Jungle Cruise
    - Train
    - Riverboat
    - All fantasy land attractions but esp carousel and small world
    - buzz
    - TTA
    - speedway

Epcot
    - Living Seas
    - Living with the Land
    - Innoventions
    - SE

AK
    - Rafikis planted watch petting zoo
    - safari
    - triceratops spin

Check out some of my trip reports about wdw w/ toddlers in the member trip report forums
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

So...I'm assuming that there aren't height requirements on those? He is about 30" right now and we have 2 months until we leave.
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

2009 - Unknown

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Nope - no height req - mine is 28lbs and 31 inches and he rides all of those.

One fun tradition we just started was to take his picture next to the height stick at thunder mountain (my favorite ride) - that way we can document his growth every trip
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Aww...thanks for the info! And that's such a cute idea! I just might have to do that if you don't mind!
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

2009 - Unknown

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    Toddlers (and others) love Dumbo, but the line is sometimes really long. I know an almost two year old can't always wait that long. Try Aladdin and Triceratop Spin. They are basically the same ride without the long lines.