Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss April/may trip 2008???? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi All We are just about to book our 2008 vacation But have never been at the end of April before? We are about to book 15 nights at the ...
    paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder

April/may trip 2008????

Hi All
    We are just about to book our 2008 vacation But have never been at the end of April before? We are about to book 15 nights at the Pop century for April 24 2008, Its our 7th trip but the 1st time we are staying on WDW property, We have 2 boys and will be taking them out of English schools for the trip I just wondered if this is a good time crowd wise before we book it??? Any info greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance Paul

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Isn't that towards the end of spring break down there?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

DVCMike is offline A-Ticket holder
    WDW tends to quiet down a bit the last week of April and into early May. Your first 3 days there might be busy, but it should lighten up after that.
    DVC Member

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Easter is in March in 2008. Since spring breaks are scheduled close to the holiday, they should be pretty much over by the end of April. Then it should be quiet.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    We arrived on a Monday (May 10th) and we got to the MK around 5 pm. There were NO crowds. We only waited about 5 minutes for Splash Mountain and were able to WALK ON everything else. Now, that next Saturday, you couldn't SEE the main gates at the MK because of the people. You're going at a great time.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    How are you able to book for 2008 already?

Everytime I am on the WDW website to look at 2008, it never lets me choose dates in 2008!

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan View Post
    How are you able to book for 2008 already?

Everytime I am on the WDW website to look at 2008, it never lets me choose dates in 2008!
    You have to call them to make reservations that far in advance.
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Oh ok ty.
    I don't actually want to reserve yet, I just wanted to check out some pricing. I guess I will just have to wait.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Maybe you should call before June 23rd. Isn't that the day Disney changes their reservation system? Or so the rumor goes.

HI Thanks for replys It was the answer I hoped for too We always book a package deal inc flight, car and hotel, (not thru Disney tho)The 2008 brochures has just come out over here and Virgin Holidays did us the best deal at Pop with us booking so far in advance They could do Pop century,All stars music or sport at the same price but movies was a extra 330 ( nearly$500) They said Movies is now getting really popular with us Brits,We looked round all 3 AS hotels this February but didnt get time to look round Pop But the kids loved the pics so much we decided to try it out,One more question At pop century is there a section that we should request?? With not staying there before its all new to us,We dont mind not being near a bus stop because we nearly always take the car
    Thanks again Paul

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I can't help you with your last question because I've not stayed at that resort before, but I did want to ask if you have ever used the Virgin Atlantic site at Downtown Disney to check in for your return flight? If you haven't done that before, it's a great service. It's located right behind Cirque du Soleil. You'll be charged $5.00 for each checked bag, but when you get to the airport you'll only need to bring your carry-on bags go through security. We like to use VA when we go home for that reason.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Couldnt agree with you more Mini-v we used it for the 1st time this February and it was brilliant no bags to carry at airport,seats already allocated and no big lines at check in, It cost us 5 each must be dear in sterling We dropped off our luggage and then went to BB for the rest of the day before our evening flight and If you book with Virgin its a free service too It really made a big difference to the usual last day blues
    Thanks for replys especially Fire medic,s about being a grear time ,cheers Paul
    Last edited by paul mex; 06-15-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: addition