Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss February/Mardi Gras Question in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all! I am brand new here and it is so nice to meet all of you. I have been reading and now have a question. I just about have ...
    paulahov is offline A-Ticket holder

February/Mardi Gras Question

Hi all! I am brand new here and it is so nice to meet all of you. I have been reading and now have a question.

I just about have DH convinced to move our Disney trip from Memorial Day (5/23 - 5/31) week to Mardi Gras week. We would arrive on Feb 1 and leave Feb 9. So what's the scoop on this time of the year? How cold is it? I know we may have to skip the Popeye water ride at Universal but if the crowd is lighter and the rooms are a tiny bit cheaper it may be worth it.

I know many Louisiana folks head to Disney at Mardi Gras but I would not think that it would make a huge difference.

Since I am new, here is a bit of a background. We were last at Disney for Christmas 2005. It was so crowded that we were miserable. We want to go back at a low attendance time. We would have to take our kids (6 & 8) out of school for 4 days so all this is contingent on the school board allowing it. Our plan is to split our park time with 4 days at Disney (mostly at MK) and 3 at Universal all while staying on the Disney grounds.

Oh, I can forget this important part......Feb 3 will be our 12 year anniversary. I would love to spend my anniversary at Disney.

Thanks in advance!

Paula

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    February usually isn't very busy. I used to go on our fair day, mid Feb, and never had any lines. Weather can be almost anything... 80 and upward or 50's. Just depends almost on the day. Weather can change quickly. Also, if you go around then, Universal will be having their Mardi Gras, complete with parades and beads.

paulahov is offline A-Ticket holder
    I saw that Universal had some Mardi Gras fun. We will certainly check it out. Thanks for the reply!
    Paula