Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Booking a Vacation through Disneyworld.com in the Vacation Planning forums; I wanted to book a trip for later in December and the price wasn't that bad for 6 nights,2 6 day tickets with hopper and meal plan, but I was ...
    dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder

Booking a Vacation through Disneyworld.com

I wanted to book a trip for later in December and the price wasn't that bad for 6 nights,2 6 day tickets with hopper and meal plan, but I was wondering if I still get the Florida Resident discount by booking online, or is it better to call in (I really don't like to talk to people on the phone) or is there another way to go.

Thanks for the help

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Just to be safe I would call in...just have all your plans set and the nice folks at reservations will set it up for you...they are really great!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

See the thing is I'm only 18 and I'm planning this trip just for me and my girlfriend and I really don't want to mess anything up. Ideally I would have someone holding my hand all the way through but I don't have extra cash for a travel agent or none of that so if I come here and ask alot of questions I am sorry. Like does anyone know what happens if you pay the $200 deposit but can't come up with the full amount on time?

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dude22blue View Post
    See the thing is I'm only 18 and I'm planning this trip just for me and my girlfriend and I really don't want to mess anything up. Ideally I would have someone holding my hand all the way through but I don't have extra cash for a travel agent or none of that so if I come here and ask alot of questions I am sorry. Like does anyone know what happens if you pay the $200 deposit but can't come up with the full amount on time?
    They will give you a final date to pay by and if you don't, they cancel your reservations and keep a fee. I think they kept $120 when I had an emergency and couldn't make the final payment.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Most Disney travel agents don't charge you anything. they are paid a commission by Disney. I get three quotes recently and they were all with in 10 dollars of each other and were still cheaper then booking directly. They will search and find any discounts that may apply to you by using information you provide on hte computer so you won't have to talk to anyone. I'm not trying to plug any particular agent but mouseforless.com was one I think. I would have to find the sites again. If you are interested in trying them, let me know I'll hunt the sites down.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I was really off when I said $120.00. They kept $219.90. I went through the website.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Also may want to try AAA. I don't think they charge a fee for booking (please correct me if I'm wrong), and if a either of your parents are members, or you are, it could wind up being even less. That way, you can talk to someone in person and find out any questions you have. If you don't want to call in or go to an agent, book online and then call to ask, add or rearrange anything.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Could you pay for it in full on a credit card and then pay it off over a course of a couple months - you will have to be disciplined about paying a set amount every month (say 200) but you won't risk having your trip canceled and it might be a good way for you to start establishing good credit (just make those payments on time)
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Could you pay for it in full on a credit card and then pay it off over a course of a couple months - you will have to be disciplined about paying a set amount every month (say 200) but you won't risk having your trip canceled and it might be a good way for you to start establishing good credit (just make those payments on time)

I would do the credit card thing but the one I just got has a $700 dollar limit and has a HUGE interest rate. I think I'm just going to do the deposit and save the money in my savings account and if I get close I could ask my parents or take some cash from my college grants but if i'm no way near than I just lose $200 and life returns to normalnobody gets hurt ( other than my spirit).

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Most Disney travel agents don't charge you anything. they are paid a commission by Disney. I get three quotes recently and they were all with in 10 dollars of each other and were still cheaper then booking directly. They will search and find any discounts that may apply to you by using information you provide on hte computer so you won't have to talk to anyone. I'm not trying to plug any particular agent but mouseforless.com was one I think. I would have to find the sites again. If you are interested in trying them, let me know I'll hunt the sites down.
    I would appreciate you getting the name for me, I'll try them out and see what quote I can get from them.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    See the thing is I'm only 18 and I'm planning this trip just for me and my girlfriend and I really don't want to mess anything up. Ideally I would have someone holding my hand all the way through but I don't have extra cash for a travel agent
    You're going to the wrong travel agents. :-) I strongly suggest you check out Small World Vacations, Inc. - Disney World Vacation, Disneyland Packages and Disney Cruise Line Vacations! and/or Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland - TheMagicForLess - Authorized Disney Travel Planners, which are both Disney Travel Agents recommended by the podcasts I listen to. Neither one charges a fee, and they will both scour for any deals that would apply to you.

or none of that so if I come here and ask alot of questions I am sorry. Like does anyone know what happens if you pay the $200 deposit but can't come up with the full amount on time?
    If you cancel your vacation before the duedate, your deposit is refunded to you. If you do not cancel, you're out the deposit.

Paul Lalli