Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Trying To Help Friends... in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! My mom and dad's friends are going to WDW for the first time in countless years and they are going with their kids. They are going in January ...
    disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

Talking Trying To Help Friends...

Hi everyone!

My mom and dad's friends are going to WDW for the first time in countless years and they are going with their kids. They are going in January when the weather is bearable and crowds are down.

They have 3 kids:
    Boy- 7th grade this school year
    Girl- 5th grade this school year
    Girl- 2nd grade this school year

What tips can you give them? What ride should they check out? etc. I will give all your tips to them in the future.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by disneyfanatic101; 07-14-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    *Stay on property to take advantage of transportation and extra magic hours
    *Taking a break in the day is a good way to enjoy your resort and take in some pool time
    *Booking a princess meal at the castle or Norway would be a great thing for the girls
    *make your own or buy autograph books
    *have the kids start earning Disney Dollars for spending money. Then tell them that they can use their own money to buy something they want instead of asking the parents all the time.

If they are planning to all stay in one room - try Port Orleans Riverside! In the Alligator Bayou section they have Trundle Beds and 1 room can sleep up to 5 people.
    The All Stars Music Resort also has family suites....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

They might already have a hotel, I'm not sure.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Rides at Epcot that are a *must see* -

- Journey into Imagination (for everyone, the kids will be young enough to like it still)
    - Honey I Shrunk the Audience (do it last thing before they leave for a break, just incase it scares the lil ones!)
    - Soarin'
    - Seas with Nemo & Friends
    - Test Track
    - Mexico Boat Ride
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    For the girls, The Voyage of the Little Mermaid at MGM, for all the kids Mickey's Philharmagic at MK. The Disney Dollars are a great idea. You can buy them at the disney store a few or as many as you want at a time. Don't forget breaks during the day for the kids. Tell them to have fun!
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I could go on and on with what I know about Disney World, and this is coming from a 21-year-old. That must say something. I'm putting an attachment up here because my parents have always asked me to be the one who writes the tips and tricks to getting around Disney World. So I saved it and made some changes here and there. Feel free to forward it to them. Hopefully it'll be a lot of help. It's in Microsoft Word format.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    If they are staying on property, they might want to invest in the Dining plan. It is worth it and it might be a way to feed that 7th grade boy!

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    If they are staying on property, they might want to invest in the Dining plan. It is worth it and it might be a way to feed that 7th grade boy!
    I think they are doing the dining plan.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan08 View Post
    I could go on and on with what I know about Disney World, and this is coming from a 21-year-old. That must say something. I'm putting an attachment up here because my parents have always asked me to be the one who writes the tips and tricks to getting around Disney World. So I saved it and made some changes here and there. Feel free to forward it to them. Hopefully it'll be a lot of help. It's in Microsoft Word format.
    Thanks for the document! I will send it to them right away

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I told her to check this page out...so keep them coming!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I love the Word file! I saved it myself. I hope your friends can take advice to heart and use it to their advantage

. I recently tried to help out a friend who just went and he completely blew me off. This is his second trip his family has taken and the first was a nightmare. His wife insisted on Park Hoppers the first time and they didn't use them. She also booked multiple character meals and spent an average of $80 per dinner! He ended up borrowing against his retirement plan at work to do his first trip! His second trip they started out using a timeshare his in laws have and then got hit with a TON of fees to use the place during peak time.

He and I grew up together and have been friends for years so we had been talking about doing a big combined family vacation. I have decided to toss that idea into FIle 13.

I'm no expert but these forums have helped me be better then the average Joe when it comes to WDW info.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I love the Word file! I saved it myself. I hope your friends can take advice to heart and use it to their advantage

. I recently tried to help out a friend who just went and he completely blew me off. This is his second trip his family has taken and the first was a nightmare. His wife insisted on Park Hoppers the first time and they didn't use them. She also booked multiple character meals and spent an average of $80 per dinner! He ended up borrowing against his retirement plan at work to do his first trip! His second trip they started out using a timeshare his in laws have and then got hit with a TON of fees to use the place during peak time.

He and I grew up together and have been friends for years so we had been talking about doing a big combined family vacation. I have decided to toss that idea into FIle 13.

I'm no expert but these forums have helped me be better then the average Joe when it comes to WDW info.
    I can't believe what I just read! That's CRAZY!! I guess he should have listened to you!

I think they will take the advice, after we came back form our trip they said they were going to go in Janurary (this Janurary) and we were telling them all the must-do's. I told them in an email to come check this place out and I gave them the link to this page.

I just got an email from the people I'm trying to help hers what she has to say:

Adam,
    THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you so much. We are already doing some of the items they suggested but I will definitely continue to read what people are suggesting. Thanks again - you are great! Kris

So keep all the ideas coming!

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Stay on property. Take advantage of EMH. Read a GUIDEBOOK before they go...so many people go to WDW w/out knowing what to expect and then get disappointed.

OH...and the biggest one...Epcot WILL MOST CERTAINLY entertain the kids!!!! You wouldn't believe how many people tell me the won't do Epcot because they hear it's boring or not for kids.

Did I mention...stay on property????
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast