Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss a 100 days to go!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; This is my friend Piglet with Sydney at the Crystal Palace in October 2006. That's my favorite character bodyguard in the background. Somehow we always bump into him. He is ...
    Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!

This is my friend Piglet with Sydney at the Crystal Palace in October 2006. That's my favorite character bodyguard in the background. Somehow we always bump into him. He is great. The CP is perfect for a group of nine. I love the atmosphere and the food, and the Piglet!
    I will definitely be bringing you the scoop when I get back Fiona! I'll take good notes.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Do you mean changing my Crystal Palace time? What time do you suggest?
    The Cinderella's Royal Banquet time was the only time I could get for 6 people- and the first time ever for me. I have never been able to get in there before, so I am scared to mess with it.
    I know I have to change our Hoop Dee Doo because we are all arriving somewhere in the 6:00 pm hour that first night. I don't think we could get to Pioneer Hall in time. In another thread someone suggested we get to our hotel and walk into the back door of Epcot to see Illuminations for our first night.
    I am really looking forward to staying at the Boardwalk. I am definitely up for quiet and reserved- what I am really wishing for is clean and comfortable. I will probably take a ton of pics while we are there. It looks pretty.
    Don't you dare change a thing! You are fine! I'm just yanking your chain after Chrissy kept making dining plans and changing them. Taking a ton of pics is mandatory!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Please. What else am I going to do in the next 98 days but change my reservations around?! I was kind of thinking about moving the CP time so that we could be in the park alone before it opened. I have never done that before!
    And, don't forget... unwelcomed suggestions are totally welcome! That was random.

Oh well in that case....
    let's see...you can change your hotel to be split between three places because you don't want to miss out on only experiencing one resort, or
    start making autograph books for the kids to use, but after they are put together, take them apart and rearrange the pages, or
    make tapes and Cd's of music to listen to from now until you leave, or
    print envelopes to put the housekeeping tips in..
    for me...I'm just counting down the days. I just plan to go with the flow....well, OK, I am driving people around me crazy with how many days till we leave, but other than that I'm cool.

Careful about getting to the park too early...you may end up doing some sweeping.

I have been listening to the Spectromagic CD in my car for months. I alternate between that one and the Music in the Streets parade CD.
    I bought all the stickers and papers to make the autograph books already- going back to Hobby Lobby today for more.

You might have to post a pic of your mouskeeping tip envelopes, I've always just left money on the sink. Then someone needs to share a pic of their thank you cards with me too.

How about a room at the GF? And one of those rooms at the Contemporary where the monorail goes thru it, right next to the glass walled shower.

Sweeping? What's that?! Princesses don't do manual labor.

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Something I did last month for the very first time was decorate my room door and window at Pop Century.

It was a blast and is now a "must do" for future trips. On the window, I made a large poster picturing the Fab 5 in front of the Castle holding a banner that read "Welcome Home". I filled the remainder of the window with classic Mickey heads of various colors printed on peel and stick vinyl window film.

For the metal door, I printed pages asking people to leave me a message. I bought magnetic fridge clips to hold them up and markers at the dollar store. It was so fun. Just changed the sheet each morning and every evening came back to lots of fun message. Believe it or not, I even had folks sign in Japanese, a couple messages from Canada, a few from all over Europe, etc. It made for a fun souvenir. I also bought sheets of magnetic film on which I printed images downloaded off the Internet. Amazingly, no one ever wrote anything inappropriate on my sheets. And, none of my markers or magnets ever came up missing!

I guess I could make my own mousekeeping envelopes, but I've just used the ones created on mouseforless.

The message "board" on your door sounds like fun. Good to know that your magnets never went on walk about.

Don't limit yourself to just two resorts. I've heard of people doing that...you have to go for three!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Your message board is such a cute idea-sounds like lots of fun.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I really was kinda worried about what sort of messages I would get...you know how teenagers can be. I was pleasantly surprised and after the first couple days, started to look forward to reading them each evening.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    That message board idea sounds fantastic, and how wonderful that no one ruined it by being inappropriate!!

Only in WDW!!!! x x

Really! I love that idea. I would have to get a small one though to fit into my husband's suitcase. I plan on filling mine with fun things.

So I ironed a Tigger onto a shirt for him and I didn't really put it in a good place. Anybody know how to get it off without wrecking the shirt? I mean, can I move it now that it is stuck on there?

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    hmm...good question...my guess is that it is stuck on there for good? wheres chrissy when you need her..shes the creative one lol
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Really! I love that idea. I would have to get a small one though to fit into my husband's suitcase. I plan on filling mine with fun things.

So I ironed a Tigger onto a shirt for him and I didn't really put it in a good place. Anybody know how to get it off without wrecking the shirt? I mean, can I move it now that it is stuck on there?
    I guess I would try heating the patch again with an iron, and gently pulling it off as the glue warmed again. You may need to send the shirt to the cleaners to let them get the rest of the glue off the shirt. Maybe Glue-Be-Gone might take the glue off the shirt, but I think it has an oily base that might be difficult to remove. I have a measuring tool for placing embroidery on shirts, but I've found I've had less room for error when I have the person wear the shirt and mark with a water-erasing pen where the item should go. Be sure to let us know what you do and how it worked.

I would have pinned it on there as he was wearing it but I was trying to do if quickly for him as a secret birthday present. I dug around in his closet for shirts that had other things on them and then went from there. I am going to try to get it off tonight when I get home from work. If I wreck it I won't be too sad, I got him the shirts at JCP, buy one get another for 88 cents. So I would only be out less than a dollar.
    I guess I was surprised that he even asked me to fix it- that leaves me a glimmer of hope that he is actually going to wear Disney clothes! We may convert him yet.

96 days!
    I finally got to talk to my girlfriend who's family is going with us. Her MIL passed away last week. I went into silent panic mode that they wouldn't be up for going. But, they had 100 days to get back into happy mode. Anyway, she was talking to her husband about quitting her stressful job. She is also a postal worker. She told him there was no way she could quit until after February. Phew.
    So, they are all still giddy about going too. I need to send them a cute project to keep them pumped for it. Maybe more Disney dollars. Then it sounds like I am paying people to go with me. Oh, well. Whatever works.

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast