Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Need help with booking a trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay, my friend's parents are celebrating their 25th anniversary this year and her dad wanted to plan a magaical getaway to WDW. Only thing is, they're VERY hard of hearing ...
    Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney

Need help with booking a trip

Okay, my friend's parents are celebrating their 25th anniversary this year and her dad wanted to plan a magaical getaway to WDW. Only thing is, they're VERY hard of hearing and he can't hear very well on the phone and he doesn't know how to use the internet very well. So, my friend asked me to help(knowing I'm a Disney nut) Only thing is, I don't know where to start! Should I call and ask for special discounts and offers or just get a quote online?! I would VERY much like to help them out, I just need a little help getting started and what I should be looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

Elyse, I would start by going onto Disney's website and checking their "special packages" that they are offering. What time of the year are they planning on going?

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i agree with melissa, see what deals disney has going and go from there.. i checked with disney online then i got with AAA and went with the cheaper of the 2
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Right now I am using MouseEarsVacation.com.

They are very nice and knowledgable, and completely free because Disney pays them to book vacations.
    I went to the site and requested a quote, since then I have been corresponding with the guy over email and he is very willing to help with everything. And it's nice to not have to worry about doing it all yourself. Also when you book, they give you the best offer that is available but if something better comes along sometime before your trip they will automatically apply it for you so it may end up being cheaper then you orginally thought.
    I believe the Second Star Vacations that is associated with this site does about the same thing, and they are free as well. You can get to them by clicking on Vacation Planning on this site.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    They're planning to go in October. For like a weekend.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13