Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Mouse Ears in the Vacation Planning forums; All right, we all know the famous Mouse Ears - everyone's got a pair (or two or three or four!) However, I didn't get any my last 2 visits, and ...
    olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett

Mouse Ears

All right, we all know the famous Mouse Ears - everyone's got a pair (or two or three or four!) However, I didn't get any my last 2 visits, and I was wonder ing about how much they cost. Is the monogram free also? I know that it is in DL, but what about WDW? Thanks in advance for all your help!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    You know what...I don't own a pair.

Goofygirl....We need to go back to Disney and get some ears!

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    We were in the parks today and I think the new prices are $7.50 for children and $8.50 for adults. I'll double check it tomorrow.

And yes, the basic monogramming is free. If you are tired of the same ol' lettering on the back, you can take it to, I believe, Head to Toe in MGM Studios and they will put custom lettering or whatever you want on it for a nominal fee. ($5- $10). Last year we had the kid's names with the year (2004) on it. I think they ran about $6 extra a piece.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

they are very inexpensive (in comparison to most souveniers) I want to say we paid about $6 for my Son's (adults may be a little more) and yes, monogramming is free.

Thanks, Melissa and DisneyonaDime! It's always good to have a "field reporter" to check these things when someone need inofrmation, and I would like to thank you again for being out there!
    -Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Thanks, Melissa and DisneyonaDime! It's always good to have a "field reporter" to check these things when someone need inofrmation, and I would like to thank you again for being out there!
    You're welcome Olmec...I just wish I too was at WDW like Chris so I could give you the exact amount! Of course I just might have to go on a few rides and catch a few attractions while I was there too!

I know what you mean!
    -Taylor

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    You know what...I don't own a pair.

I used to collect Mouse Ears on every trip, but I didn't buy any new ones last trip because I didn't see any I didn't have or liked.

I have the regular, Bride, Christmas, Santa, and Cruise ears. I was surprised to not find Halloween ears, and I haven't bought the Safari ears because I don't think I would wear it around the parks.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I normally wear headband style ears....but I think I want a pair just to have them.

They sell Cruise Ears?! I'm assuming they're on the ships...anyone have any idea how much those cost? Do they monogram those too?
    Last edited by olmec26; 01-21-2005 at 08:56 PM.
    -Taylor

They sell Cruise Ears?! I'm assuming they're on the ships...anyone have any idea how much those cost? Do they monogram those too?

Yes, they sell two versions on the Wonder and the Magic. One is the headband style, which is the one I bought. The other one is the rather big floppy captain's hat with the black plush ears attached. I tried both on in the store on the ship and the hat version was way too hot to wear, so I opted for the headband version. The headband version is plush covered black ears with a mini plush captain's hat between the two ears.

No, they do not monogram these....at least not on the ship. And honestly, I don't think you can monogram the hat version at Disney World...but I could be wrong.

Both were under $15 I believe.
    Amanda

I'm fairly certain you can get your name on the hat version at WDW. Anyway, thatks a bunch for all your information! Y'all have been great!
    -Taylor

I'm fairly certain you can get your name on the hat version at WDW. Anyway, thatks a bunch for all your information! Y'all have been great!

Do they monogram through "plushie" things?
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Do they monogram through "plushie" things?
    I think they can at the shop in MGM. They will monogram almost anything. The only requirement I saw was that it had to be a Disney product with a Disney tag. You could even buy things outside of the parks and bring them in and they will put whatever lettering or characters you wanted on them (for a fee of course). It is all done through a computer.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

I double-checked today and the infant and youth sizes are $7.00 and the adult size is $7.50.

They cannot embroider stuffed animals. The CM said that they could do anything that can fit into a small hoop. This could be a blanket, shirt, hat, etc..., but no stuffed animals.
    Chris
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast