Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Disney in December in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi there! I just joined today to ask a question I've been wondering about for the past few weeks, I apologize if it's been asked a lot. My mother and ...
    audiohysteria is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Disney in December

Hi there!
    I just joined today to ask a question I've been wondering about for the past few weeks, I apologize if it's been asked a lot.
    My mother and I are planning on traveling to Disney World in the second week of December (2007). Originally, it was the first week, but while looking around I saw thats when the Pop Warner kids are there. We had been there before while they were there and disliked it immensely (we didn't stay in the value resorts, but we did run into some rude cheerleaders multiple times that kind of dampened our spirits).
    Now, anyway, as I mentioned before, we have been to Disney in December multiple times (I think 2004 and 2005, perhaps 2003 as well? We only live 3 hours away so we get up there a lot. ), and the crowds have been VERY nice. We have been in the first and second weeks at different times, and the wait times for rides have rarely been over 40 minutes (and that's at the height of the day. Most of the time they are around 15 to 20 minutes).
    Reading through different forums and trip reports and such, I've noticed that many people have mentioned that the crowds keep climbing at this time as more people figure out it's such a nice time to go.
    My question is, is there anyone who went to Disney in December of last year and noticed a huge difference? Were the crowds manageable? Should we continue planning for a trip in the second week, or should we instead go in mid/late January? I really love the decorations and the spirit around Christmas, but if the crowds are going to be horrible, I'd much rather go another time.
    Thanks for the help! And sorry it was kind of long, haha.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I remember being there a few times in early December and the crowds were not all that horrible...at least not til u come close to Christmas. The weekends were a little more crowded but we didnt have much trouble at all

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Well while we're talking about crowd-related issues, I guess I'm kinda of curious when the best time to go is for the lowest crowds and best weather (not ridiculously hot). We're thinking Memorial Day weekend for our wedding and I want conditions to be favorable for our guests.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!