Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Using Magical Express but we are arriving on 2 different flights? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going to WDW and my traveling companion who lives in another city and i are flying in on different flights can we use the Magical Express if i ...
    MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Using Magical Express but we are arriving on 2 different flights?

We are going to WDW and my traveling companion who lives in another city and i are flying in on different flights can we use the Magical Express if i booked the whole package deal? Or is it easier if he books the magical express on his own?
    MelinaR..

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I'm pretty sure that it doesnt matter if you are on seperate flights, as long as you are on the same reservation for the room. I dont think it'll be a problem, although I'm not positive...
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I don't think its a problem either. Just call the ME phone number and tell them the flight details, etc. and they can tell you for sure.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

flutter is offline Moderator
    it won't be a problem I had a roommate/travel companion that arrived on a different day and we were able to both use the ME

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm 100% sure it won't be a problem. DME doesn't have to be a group sport. As long as each person is named on the reservation, each person could arrive from a different city on different day and all would be able to use DME without any problem.

However, you will only receive one DME mailing, and it will go to you, the "master" name on the reservation. When you receive that (4-6 weeks before your trip), you'll need to mail your friend his/her bus voucher and pre-printed DME luggage tags ... his/her tags will have his/her name on them, along with your name (there are 2 names on each tag, the "master" name and the individual guest's name (your own tags will have your name twice, once as the "master" name and once as the individual guest).
    -- Eric

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    My sister made our resv. and is the first name on the listing, but she had them mail me my tags in IN (she's in FL). Could be that they did that because she's not using DME at all, but I'd check. I often get large groups (convention people) who all have the same "master" name on their tags, but get them individually, so I'd definately ask when booking if they can send them 2 separate places.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    You sure can. Two of us are coming from Houston and one from Dallas.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    No problems whatsoever. In May 2006, I and two companions all had different arrival flights. The only issue was that they sent all six tags to us and I had to mail my friends their tags myself. In October 2006, my girlfriend and I left not only on different flights, but on different days. No problems. Just tell the DME person when you call each individual's information, and you'll be fine.