Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Can I vent on here for a second? in the Vacation Planning forums; I guess I can put this under planning because it ALL revolves around that. My sister, cousin and I have been planning a trip for a YEAR AND A HALF ...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder

Can I vent on here for a second?

I guess I can put this under planning because it ALL revolves around that.

My sister, cousin and I have been planning a trip for a YEAR AND A HALF to WDW for the F&W festival this Oct. We've been saving each month so that we can just spend and not have to worry about $$$.

I ask my principal if I could have the days, my sister asked boss if she could have the days...we kept telling our cousin to ask off....and asked and asked and asked. She was dragging her feet so I refused to book until she asked. She finally just told us to book and we'd take care of it. Great! We booked the MYW plus dining and all flights.

Cousin then says uh oh we have a problem....I don't think I can miss now because of a staff meeting....fine whatever....it's still enough time that she can cancel and get all $$$ back on her part. She refuses to cancel. So sis and I are just assuming that she's going to talk to her principal since this has been something in the making for a year and a half.

Fast forward almost 3 months....she still refuses to talk to her principal and comes up with this insane notion that she's going to spend $1000 for 1 1/2 days at the world. I'm as big a WDW fan as the rest but that's even crazy to me. Sis and I refuse to let her spend that. We talk to her, we plead with her, we give her advice....she promises to go talk to her principal...what the worst she can say? No....and then we are back in the mode that she will cancel and lose some $$(again because she wouldn't pull out before the cut off)

She ignore us for 3 days so I finally send an email(because she ignores calls and texts) that we are going to cancel her portion for her if we don't hear from her by 3:00 Friday. She STILL refuses to acknowledge any of this.

Long story short 3 months after all her uncertainty she FINALLY talks to sis and says she's not going....she's out almost $400 from flight and what I can't get back...all because she refuses to get a back bone.

I want to yank every hair out of my head as I've been working on and planning this for close to a year and half!!!!!

Whew!!!! that felt good to get off my chest!

on the plus side one of my good friends is taking her spot =)
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    It's really hard to plan a trip, specially if you are not all members of the same immediate family. Vent out all you need, we're here for ya! Now that your friend is coming along, be glad about that and start making all of those fun plans for the days you will be in the parks and if you don't have already, star doing your ADRs!!! Have fun, relax, and enjoy your trip!!
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sounds to me like it worked out well. I can't imagine actually taking a vacation with someone like that. It would drive me crazy. Now you've vented and things have settled down. We're here for you if you need to vent some more, but dig in with your sister and your friend and have a blast.

And if you're still feeling angry with your cousin when you get home, make sure you send her some of the best vacation photos (insert evil villian laugh here)
    Hypermommy

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypermommy View Post
    Sounds to me like it worked out well. I can't imagine actually taking a vacation with someone like that. It would drive me crazy. Now you've vented and things have settled down. We're here for you if you need to vent some more, but dig in with your sister and your friend and have a blast.

And if you're still feeling angry with your cousin when you get home, make sure you send her some of the best vacation photos (insert evil villian laugh here)
    A great vacation is the best revenge
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    At least you have a good friend to replace her. I know how hard it is to plan a trip with somebody who can't figure out their schedule. That is why I havnt been on a trip with one of my friends yet(sadly). Hopefully the whole trip ends up being wonderful
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    update!! one of my sister's friend might be coming along now....she has to look over her finances but thinks it might be a go!!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Have a great time, and enjoy the wait now that you've let off some steam.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.