Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss First time, does this plan look okay? in the Vacation Planning forums; So, I am a pro at Disneyland. We go there at least 4 times a year, and know all the tricks. Having said that, I am a complete newbie to ...
    disneylandmama is offline A-Ticket holder

First time, does this plan look okay?

So, I am a pro at Disneyland. We go there at least 4 times a year, and know all the tricks. Having said that, I am a complete newbie to Disneyworld.

My husband has a convention in Orlando in November. I decided to take our ten year old daughter on a solo trip, ie no siblings. We leave LAX on Wed night the 14th, arriving in Orlando at 6:30 am. Hoping to sleep on the plane, and go right to the park.
    We chose Epcot for the first day. We are unsure of the difference between Future and World Show?
    The next day we plan on doing Wild Animal park from 9-5. Get dinner, and then do the Christmas thing at Magic Kingdom from 7-12.
    Saturday we plan on doing MGM. I'm not really looking forward to this park. It seems to have a lot of the same rides as CA Adventure and Universal Studios. My husband works in the movies, so we get real life behind the scenes. Is this a crowded park?
    Sunday the 18th we plan on going back to MK. Our flight leaves at 7pm, so I figured we could stay at the park until about 4pm. Again, MK has many of the same attractions. I am concerned that some of the shows may not be running while we are there? Beauty and the Beast? The live Nemo show?
    Does anyone have any suggestions? We do seem to be squezing a lot into a short period of time. Being that I won't have the little ones along, I'm hoping it won't be too bad. We bought 4 day hoppers, and the Christmas tickets. We are staying at a hotel off property, as it is free from the convention.
    We probably won't be coming back for awhile. I don't want to miss anything. A friend gave us 8 re entry fast pass tickets to MK. We won't have to wait in at least 4 rides.
    Any suggestion appreciated

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i'm sure one of these guys can help you... they have helped me plan my trip so much!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    TouringPlans.com - Plans which save you time and effort has a good prediction of crowd levels, so you can look there to judge if you'll have to deal with huge crowds. I have never been to Disneyland, so I cant really help with comparisons between attractions, although I know that there are alot of things at MGM that arent in California. "Wild Animal Park" is actually called Animal Kingdom, lol. Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . . has a calendar telling if the shows you want to see will be open on those days. Future World at Epcot has most of the "rides" in it. I hate to compare it to Tomorrowland, because they really arent that similar, but its more like Tomorrowland than anything else I guess, It has Innoventions, which I think is in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. World Showcase is a collection of 11 pavillions representing different nations around the world, each pavillion offers different attractions, dining, and entertainment. I guess the best way to help might be to tell you what attractions not to miss:

Magic Kingdom
    Space Mountain (alot less advanced than Disneyland)
    Carousel of Progress
    Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
    TTA
    Its a small world
    Peter Pans Flight
    Mickeys Philharmagic
    Haunted Mansion (fresh off of refurb)
    Splash Mountain (bigger than DL's)
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Jungle Cruise
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Wishes

Epcot
    Spaceship Earth
    Test Track
    Soarin'
    Seas with Nemo and Friends
    Mission Space (probably, Ive never actually been on it, lol)
    Maelstrom
    American Adventure
    Illuminations
    Entertainment around World Showcase in general

Disney-MGM Studios
    Tower of Terror
    Rock n Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    One Man's Dream
    Muppet Vision 3D
    Great Movie Ride
    Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
    Fantasmic! (although i hear DL's is better)

Animal Kingdom
    Expedition Everest
    Its tough to be a bug
    Kilimanjaro Safaris
    Kali River Rapids
    Dinosaur
    Pangani Exploration Trail
    Maharaja Jungle Trek
    Finding Nemo the Musical

*Those are my must sees from each park, some are probably not kid friendly though*

have an awesome trip!
    Last edited by nicks10; 10-04-2007 at 10:47 PM.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Since you, like myself, have a great Disneyland working knowledge, you shoul be able to fare well in the Magic Kingdom, the layout it almost the same, minus New Orleans Square and a real towntown. Here, you can hit all the basics, but being a Disneylander you can count on being dissappointed in Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean, they are totally different from D-Land. Don't forget to ride the WedWay (peoplemover) through tomorrowland, that is really nice! Stitche's great escape is something we don't have at the land, as well as Mickey's Philarmagic, Country Bears (removed from DL in 2001), and a couple other items here and there.

At Animal Kingdom: Make sure you visit A bugs life, they have this in DCA in cali. Be sure to Visit, Dinousaur! its like Indiana jones with Dinosaur and minus a couple of real nice affects, make sure you vistt Expedition everest as it is really neat and take the safari!

At Epcot: Hit the test track, Mission to Mars, Honey I shrunk the Audience (disneyland) Maelstrom (loacted in the norway pavilon), Body wars, watch Circle Vision 3d reflections of China (used to show similar show at Disneyland), Make sure you ride Finding Nemo, ride Living with the land, and watch the circle of life. Also I would recommend watching the Illuminations firework show, oh and visit spaceship earth if it is open!

If you go, I thought the same thing about MGM being similar to DCA the only reason i am going is to ride the great movie ride and Rock N Roller coaster, everything else we have hat DCA.

I highly, and I mean HIGHLY recommend considering going to Blizzard Beach Water park. This is my favorite thing and your daughter would love it! The slides are amazing and the theming is so cool. I give this place a 10 out of 10! Don't worry, it will still be plenty hot in Florida in November and the pools will be heated as well.

I would also recommend the attractions that i didn't list that Nick above me listed, but seriously, you don't want to miss Blizzard Beach!

Big Dan
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!