Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Any tips for Dec trip? in the Vacation Planning forums; We are going Dec 8th to Dec 15th and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I have tickets to the Christmas Party at MK on Dec 11th. What are must do's ...
    whises.dreams is offline A-Ticket holder

Any tips for Dec trip?

We are going Dec 8th to Dec 15th and staying at Port Orleans Riverside. I have tickets to the Christmas Party at MK on Dec 11th. What are must do's at the parks and the resort? We hav been to WDW many, many times, but never in Dec. or this resort. So any tips for this trip would be very helpful. And I knew if I wanted the best advice, I would only find it here, with the experts. I have found lots of advice here for past visits. Oh, also, what's the weather like? What would be best to pack? Thank you in advance!!
    Last edited by whises.dreams; 10-07-2007 at 09:07 AM.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Pack a few sweatshirts for the evening because it can get cooler.

The Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Boardwalk, have beautiful gingerbread displays

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    The day of the party, take it easy. Swim at your resort or go check out Christmas decorations. You can use your party ticket to get into the Magic Kingdom starting at 4pm the night of the party.
    And yes, sometimes it gets chilly at night, be prepared.
    Port Orleans Riverside is just about my favorite resort - but head over to the French Quarter and get some beignets!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

I'll be there the 5th-11th. The MVMCP is wonderful! Catch the 2nd parade if you can because most people will watch the first parade and then leave after the fireworks.
    The World Showcase has storytellers in each country that talk about Christmas in their country. And the Candlelight Processional is an amazing experience. For your dates Steven Curtis Chapman and Chita Rivera will be the speakers. I'm going to it on the 9th. The decorations are everywhere and absolutely beautiful!

Candlelight Processional at Epcot check out Deb's site. It has great information about the going ons at the holiday season.

And make sure you say HI if you see me!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

wow, thanks for the tips so far!! i will definately be checkng out vthe gingerbread houses. i didn't know there were so many (sorry for the bad typing, but broke my hand and foot since last posted) does anyone know if there is something special w/ fantasmic at mgm?

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I don't think Fantasmic changes for the holidays, but the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at MGM is definitely worth a visit. Be sure to bring a camera - it's gorgeous!

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at MGM is the most beautiful thing I have ever thing., I say its a must do. If you time it right you can see the lights as they go on, if you ride the last back lot tour. Also I highly recommend getting a nice hot chocolate and finding a nice quite spot to sit down and just enjoy the cool air and the great feeling of the season. Also the gingerbread house is suppose to be really cool, try to find the hidden mickeys. Ohh and take some pictures of the giant christmas tree they have in MK. And in Epcot they have a retelling of the christmas carol which is nice too. There just so many great things in the holiday season. I don't think I would ever go if not during the holiday season. Its all great just make sure you take it all in.

All of your tips have me so excited!! I can hardly wait to go and do everything.

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE going during the holidays. Characters in cute costumes, gingerbread shingles, my fabulous light up Christmas tree hat... all sorts of holiday cheer!!!

I know I sound like a big dork and get a big goofy grin on my face every time I tell this story, but it's my favorite memory of the Holidays at Disney. When I went to MVMCP with my best friend, we were standing taking the obligatory photos of the castle at night and she tapped me on the shoulder and said turn around. I did, and when we looked down Main Street from the Partners statue it was all snowy and lit up and beautiful. We both got a little teary-eyed and stood there for about five minutes just watching the snow fall. It's my favorite memory of that trip.
    Last edited by hafrase; 10-17-2007 at 08:26 PM.
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

Politzania is offline A-Ticket holder
    You may want to check out the daytime parades in Animal Kingdom -- Jingle Jungle Parade -- and the Studios -- Hollywood Hollydays Parade. They're both holiday themed (obviously) and pretty cute! Take time to enjoy the decorations in the parks and the resorts - the Grand Floridian is just gorgeous & I've heard great things about the Yacht & beach Club and Boardwalk as well.

Definitely visit the storytellers in Epcot - tho you may not be able to see them all in a single day - you may want to focus on the cultures you are less familiar with. I particularly enjoyed Morocco, Japan and Norway.

The Candlelight Processional (also in Epcot) is a wonderful retelling of the Biblical Christmas Story with music interspersed. I imagine the dinner packages for this event are already booked, but you can wait in the standby line and probably still get in.. or watch the show from the walkway.
    Tracey - Co-Host of the Disney, Indiana Podcast (www.disneyindiana.com)
    Next Disney Trip: 23-27 Jul DLR - Friends of the Magic!

DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hello, new to the forum and loving it!!!

Just wondering, does anyone know when the Christmas decorations are taken down? I want to see them but don't want to see all of the crowds.

Thanks so much!!!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    wow...well be there dec 5-14 and are staying at POR also...we going to mvmcp too...im sooooo excited!!!! its getting close!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    DTSZ -

This is probably a silly post, since I don't know the answer to your question. I wanted to reply because that's a really good question, and I'll be curious to see what answers you get. I know that I've been to WDW twice in mid-November, and a lot of the decorations are already up. Still, I doubt that they leave the decorations up for a month after the fact, just 'cause they put 'em up a month early.

Babby58 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My husband and I will also be at the World in early December. We have tix to MVMCP for Dec. 4. Are all the attractions and rides open during the party or will some things close at the regular time?
    Piglet Rules!!

flutter is offline Moderator
    I think I will be going to MVMCP on the 4th too, I'm pretty sure just about everything is open for MVMCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast