Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss DWT Own Disney Mom's Panel in the Vacation Planning forums; A bunch of us applied to be on the WDW Moms Panel - and in an unusual moment of poor judgement - WDW rejected us! So this thread is for ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

DWT Own Disney Mom's Panel

A bunch of us applied to be on the WDW Moms Panel - and in an unusual moment of poor judgement - WDW rejected us!

So this thread is for all of us Disney moms to share stories, trip tips, pictures and advice

Have FUN!!!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

OK - I'll start with a funny story

Last night my 2yo (Riley) woke up with a nightmare so I put him in bed with me to sleep (well he slept anyways - I was kicked and pulled and drooled on all night.) Around 2 Ri pooted really loud - (what on earth have I been feeding this boy?) He woke up all scared and suprised by the unusually loud noise. "Shhh baby" I said "you farted, now go back to sleep"

He got this silly look on his face and said..."No mommy, Goofy farted"....talk about blaming it on the dog!!!!!!!

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LMMEO...we will show them....LOL
    I was kinda thinking about that the other day.....those of us they didnt pick and are mostly knowledgable about the parks, why would we need to go to the site and ask questions like the email said? LOL

I will start it off (by pretending to be me before I knew the answer-does that make sense?) LOL
    Q: If I have to leave the park and have rented a stroller but will be back to the same park later, do I have to pay again for a stroller?
    A: No you do not, just keep your receipt (or your name card--the receipt is a better bet) and you can get another stroller. Same thing if you decide to park hop from say the MK to AK. Just show your reciept at the second park and you can get another stroller.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    OK - I'll start with a funny story

Last night my 2yo (Riley) woke up with a nightmare so I put him in bed with me to sleep (well he slept anyways - I was kicked and pulled and drooled on all night.) Around 2 Ri pooted really loud - (what on earth have I been feeding this boy?) He woke up all scared and suprised by the unusually loud noise. "Shhh baby" I said "you farted, now go back to sleep"

He got this silly look on his face and said..."No mommy, Goofy farted"....talk about blaming it on the dog!!!!!!!
    OMG>>>TOO FUNNY!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    when i come back i'm sure i'll have a story
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Q: Where in the park can I let my little one take a nap?

A: The CP and TTA have always been my two favorite places for baby to sleep. Just let a CM know that you would like to stay on for a while and you can normally ride for at least an hour or so while baby sleeps. I like to get a snack to munch on or a book to read while we do TTA (x 10)
    Another good MK spot is the back of Exposition Hall...cool, dark, and quiet

You can also rock them to sleep in the baby care centers

I kinda think we need a disney mom forum area - so we can have seperate threads for tips, stories, pics, general parenting stuff etc......any chance Lou would let us? Anyone know who to ask?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Q: Where in the park can I let my little one take a nap?
    Don't forget the Hall of Presidents!

I kinda think we need a disney mom forum area - so we can have seperate threads for tips, stories, pics, general parenting stuff etc......any chance Lou would let us? Anyone know who to ask?
    Um, wild guess, but probably the one to ask is Lou. Perhaps as a Disney Parents (as opposed to just moms) sub-forum to this Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks forum. Or to be a little more distinctive than Disney's own oh-so-original name, we could be a bit more creative in naming it.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Got one of those "tips" emails and wanted to share it with you guys, so it's not a Disney thing but some of these tips are really neat. If we get our mom forum, maybe we can get a category for these types of things! Vix, there is one tip that reminded me of you, (see baby powder tip).

Bed Sheets
    After drying my sheets, I put both of the neatly folded sheets and one of the pillowcases in the other pillow case.
    The next time you change sheets, you just take out the one pillow case with the sheets and the other pillow case inside. No need to look for matches.

Reheat Pizza
    Heat up leftover pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat till warm.
    This keeps the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza.

Easy Deviled Eggs
    Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal the bag and mash till they are all broken up.
    Add remainder of ingredients, reseal, keep mashing it up, mixing thoroughly.
    Cut the tip of the baggy, squeeze the mixture into the egg.
    Then simply throw bag away when done, easy clean up.

Newspaper Weeds-Away
    Start by putting in your plants. Work your normal nutrients into your soil.
    Wet newspapers, put layers around the plants overlapping as you go,
    Cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds WILL get through some
    gardening plastics. They will NOT get through wet newspapers.

Broken Glass
    Use a dry cotton ball to pick up little broken pieces of glass, the fibers catch ones you can't see!

Squirrel Away!
    To keep squirrels from eating your plants sprinkle your plants with cayenne pepper.
    The cayenne pepper doesn't hurt the plant and the squirrels won't come near it.
    To keep them from eating all of your bird seed, add red pepper flakes to the seed.
    The birds aren't bothered by it, but the squirrels hate it!

Easier Thank You's
    When you throw a bridal/baby shower, buy a pack of Thank You Cards for the guest of honor.
    During the party, pass out the envelopes and have everyone put their address on one.
    When the bride/new mother gets ready to write out the Thank you notes, they're all addressed!

Flexible Vacuum
    To get something out of a heat register or under the fridge, add an empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum hose.
    It can be bent or flattened to get into those narrow openings.

Reducing Static Cling
    Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress.
    The same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place the pin in seam of slacks and voila! Static is gone.

Measuring Cups
    Before you pour sticky Substances into a measuring cup, fill it with hot water.
    Dump out the hot water, but don't dry the cup. Next, add your ingredient (such as peanut butter) and watch how easily it comes right out.

Foggy Windshield?
    Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car.
    When the windows fog up, rub with the eraser! It works better than a cloth!

Conditioner
    Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs.
    It's a lot cheaper than shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth.
    It's also a great way to use up the conditioner that you bought but didn't like when you tried it in your hair...

Get Rid of Ants
    Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it, take it 'home' & can't digest it so it kills them.
    It may take a week or so (especially if it rains) but it works and you don't have the worry about pets or small children being harmed!

Sand Gone
    Take baby powder to the beach. Keep a small bottle of baby powder in your beach bag.
    When you're ready to leave the beach sprinkle yourself and kids with the powder.
    The sand will slide right off your skin.

LOL...wonder if that works. I dont plan on doing beaches anytime soon ....test it out for me. LOL

I like the weed, measuring cup and pizza ones tho.

Ok - I've PMd Lou asking for a parenting forum....i'm imagining threads like... "WDW with toddlers" "WDW with teens" WDW with infants" "What to expect when you're expecting in WDW" "Brag book photos" "Homemade Disney treats for kids" "Household fun" "Kids say/ do the darndest things" etc etc etc

So....we'll see if we get the go ahead - I know I am loooking forward to puttinng together an awesome DWT Parents Panel!