Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss SO tell me EVERYTHING you know about Osbourne Lights in the Vacation Planning forums; We need to convince Snowbirds (donnie's dad and step mom) to join us at MGM and I need to tell them everything I can to talk them into coming along. ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

SO tell me EVERYTHING you know about Osbourne Lights

We need to convince Snowbirds (donnie's dad and step mom) to join us at MGM and I need to tell them everything I can to talk them into coming along. I know Dad will enjoy this immensly and it is not something to be missed but the info out there is kinda limited on it. I did find some awesome Youtube videos to him to see and lots of great still photos. I have heard about the snow. What else should I sell them on? I did hear soemthing about hot cocoa. Anything else you can tell me will help. Plus I like to be prepared for things too. Thanks guys
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Okay. Seriously. You cannot be planning another trip until you finish telling us about the last one!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Honestly, the first time we were there a few years ago I really could have cared less about seeing the lights. But after going to them last year I LOVED them. I wanted to stay there all night. The music is great and yes there is hot chocolate that you have to pay for but you can get it in a cool lighted mug. I have one from last year.

What dates are you going to be there? I don't think you told me for sure.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    All I know:
    They look really awesome and I can't wait to see them for the first time. At least I HOPE I get to see them this year.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Ah that brings back good memories....Gae got the hot cocoa in the light up mug, the BEST was in the ToT TV room, some guy yelled "hey lady, turn off your bag" she had put her mug still lit up in her back made of material, in the dark you could see the lights glowing. Thank goodness she had turned her hat off! Anyway, to get back to the lights, the best part for me is when the lights came on, very cool effect, I think it's worth seeing at least once. I also liked the giant light switch, that was fun to see.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Got to love the mug and the hat!

It was beautiful and fun to walk around. Take your time after they turn them on and walk around! So much more than just the turning on of the lights! Very Beautiful!

Are you allowed to just plant yourself in a non-traffic spot and watch or do you have to "keep moving, keep moving" ?

we are planning a trip for December
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Plant yourself wherever you want, you wlll have both, standers and walkers. We manoeuvered around the standers.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I've seen the Osborne Spectacle twice and enjoyed it immensely both times. My most vivid memory, though, is of people walking into each other. They were too busy looking up to pay attention to where they were walking!

I must be blind, I cannot find at what time the lights come on anywhere!

SHOOT .....where did I see the times list...give me a few and I will post them...most are from 6-8 but some nites are diff.

Gonna be there for EMH on the 2nd and on the 4th so I am curious to find out when they will be on those two nights.

This is the schedule of times they have on WDW info.com but I know I saw it on the official site too and it was more simplified but the times were the same give or take. I know that week they were scheduled for 6-8 on Monday and Tuesday cause we were thinking about going those days too. LOL

Sponsored by Sylvania, the 2007/2008 schedule is: 11/12 - 11/21 6:00 - 7:00pm
    11/22 - 11/24 6:00 - 8:00pm
    11/25 -11/30 6:00 - 7:00pm
    12/1 - 12/24 6:00 - 8:00pm
    12/25 - 12/30 6:00 - 10:00pm
    12/31 6:00pm - 12:00am
    1/1 - 1/5 6:00 - 8:00pm
    1/6 6:00 - 7:00pm

Note that dates/times are subject to change without notice

Thank you for the disclaimer. Ha ha! So they go on at 6 and then at 8 again or they are on between those times?

When are you going to be there again?

I'm not sure...anyone who has been please answer.. I thot they would just kinda do them continuesly between those times since some nites they are only scheduled for an hour.

Hopefully (depends on this week's paycheck and what the nice ppl at the gas company tell me)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast