Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Made my last payment now have questions! in the Vacation Planning forums; So I now have made my last payment for my December trip (45 DAYS TO GO YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) How does charging things from the parks to your resort work? Do you ...
    capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder

Made my last payment now have questions!

So I now have made my last payment for my December trip (45 DAYS TO GO YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) How does charging things from the parks to your resort work? Do you just put a credit card on the account? Can you put money on the account before you get there? I guess my real question is.............is there a way to basically prepay the money i want to use into an account at Disney? I have been buying giftcards (and getting them for my birthday) for the parks so that i have money set aside, but don't want to end up having to pack a bunch of giftcards if I can credit them to an account before I get there.
    Thanks!!!
    I want to go back...and live in the world with the mouse

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Hmmm. Good question.
    Normally, charging to your room means you put a credit card on the account at check-in time. Then when you leave, they bill the credit card for the amount you've charged. You get a statement itemizing the purchases the morning of your departure. If you didn't want the credit card to be charged, you could go to the front desk to check out and settle the account with cash or your gift cards.

I'm wondering what would happen if you pre-paid with gift cards and then didn't spend it all, how they would refund the difference...
    A phone call to Disney reservations might be able to help more.

Have a great trip!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That was a good question. If you call reservations, will you share the answer with us?
    Thanks!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd say just use the gift cards as you go instead of charging it to your room.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

The answer from the mouse

So i called reservations. I am not able to add money to an account before I get there... I can however add the giftcards to the account i set up at the desk when i get there. I guess i am going to just keep adding money to giftcards and use those. Thanks for your help!!

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    You could also use the gift cards in the stores and have them send your purchases to your resort x x

blue donkey is offline A-Ticket holder
    quick question: do any of you know if you can purchase a vacation package or part of with a disney giftcard?

thanks!
    Hidden Mickeys, beware!

Quote Originally Posted by blue donkey View Post
    quick question: do any of you know if you can purchase a vacation package or part of with a disney giftcard?

thanks!

Yes you can!! I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a place on the "make a payment" page where it gives you a place for giftcards and then you just choose partial amount and how much you want to pay. I ended up entering 15 different cards.....my youth group sold the cards as part of a fundraiser sooo i bought enough to pay for my trip.

blue donkey is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by capitalangel View Post
    Yes you can!! I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a place on the "make a payment" page where it gives you a place for giftcards and then you just choose partial amount and how much you want to pay. I ended up entering 15 different cards.....my youth group sold the cards as part of a fundraiser sooo i bought enough to pay for my trip.
    Wow what a good idea! Fantastic! I know next time, I'll purchase with giftcards I get for presents!

thanks for the info!
    Hidden Mickeys, beware!

Quote Originally Posted by blue donkey View Post
    Wow what a good idea! Fantastic! I know next time, I'll purchase with giftcards I get for presents!

thanks for the info!

Yeah it made for a win win situation for me..... I was able to budget out my payments by buying a few hundred in gift cards every month, and when they would arrive through the gift card fundraiser, i would enter them on the website. I had a budget plan and my youth group from church made money off of my purches. I also am buying gift cards so that i can use them to buy things at WDW, will have to carry minimal cash, and the kids continue to benifit from my obsession.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    tarynkelly makes a good point - you do not have to charge to your room in order to take advantage of the Resort Delivery option. This service is available (and FREE) to all resort guests, regardless of payment method. When you get to the casheir at any Disney merchandise register, just tell the CM that you want to ship your items to your resort. You'll fill out a green piece of paper with your name, address, phone, and resort and room number, and that's it. Your purchases will be in your resort gift shop for you usually by the next afternoon, and a CM will call your room phone to let you know when they arrive.

[quote=mritty;539845]tarynkelly makes a good point - you do not have to charge to your room in order to take advantage of the Resort Delivery option. This service is available (and FREE) to all resort guests, regardless of payment method. When you get to the casheir at any Disney merchandise register, just tell the CM that you want to ship your items to your resort. You'll fill out a green piece of paper with your name, address, phone, and resort and room number, and that's it. Your purchases will be in your resort gift shop for you usually by the next afternoon, and a CM will call your room phone to let you know when they arrive.[/quote

thanks.....i thought they delivered the purcheses to your room??? Did they used to??? Did they discontinue that????

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalangel View Post
    thanks.....i thought they delivered the purcheses to your room??? Did they used to??? Did they discontinue that????
    Hmm, if they ever did, they haven't since about 2004, I think - that's when I first went. Or you may be confusing it with the Magical Express delivering your checked luggage - that really does go straight to your room.

Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Hmm, if they ever did, they haven't since about 2004, I think - that's when I first went. Or you may be confusing it with the Magical Express delivering your checked luggage - that really does go straight to your room.

The last time i went was in 99.........sooo a lot could have changed.....and i may also remember wrong

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    They definately don't deliver straight to your room. You have to collect it from your resort gift shop x x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast