Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Tips for Mousekeeping in the Vacation Planning forums; How much money do you typically leave for Mousekeeping? How do you let them know that the money is for them? Do you tip everyday or just at the end ...
    capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder

Tips for Mousekeeping

How much money do you typically leave for Mousekeeping? How do you let them know that the money is for them? Do you tip everyday or just at the end of the week? Thanks for your help. I don't want to offend the hard working Mousekeepers!

(DH and I are staying at ASMo if that makes a difference)
    I want to go back...and live in the world with the mouse

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I've only stayed on property once - i'm a spoiled local girl, but whenever i've stayed other places I normally leave a couple bucks everyday in an envelope on the dresser and label it "To our Housekeepers (Mousekeepers)...Thanks for all you do". At the end of the week I leave a slightly larger sum with a nice thankyou card.

The reason I tip everyday rather than just once is that I may have different ladies everyday, so i don't want to just tip the one that happened to care for our room on the last day
    I tip more the last day because there is more involved in getting the room ready for the next guest

I would always rather ere on the side of tipping to much rather than be cheap...but thats just me
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

tharmscott is offline A-Ticket holder
    I can't remember where I read it but I just reasearched this for our trip in 13 days and it said $1 per person per day and pay daily. I also found some really cute Disney things to put on envelopes and it also puts something like Thanks Mousekeeping on it. I found that just by googling mousekeeping envelopes. I printed one out for everyday and already have them filled so I don't have to worry about having the right amount of change. Hope this helps!!!!!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by tharmscott View Post
    I can't remember where I read it but I just reasearched this for our trip in 13 days and it said $1 per person per day and pay daily. I also found some really cute Disney things to put on envelopes and it also puts something like Thanks Mousekeeping on it. I found that just by googling mousekeeping envelopes. I printed one out for everyday and already have them filled so I don't have to worry about having the right amount of change. Hope this helps!!!!!

That's how I've heard it also, about $1.00 per day per person, that is if you room is being cleaned properly. You are tipping for a job well done. I don't think it matters where you are staying as far as how much, just as long as they do a good job. I've stayed in the POP and All-Star and never had a problem but I've also stayed in the Beach Club and I had to call mousekeeping several times. I've also heard about those envelopes but never used them, I usually leave the money out on the sink under a glass and they knew to take it. An envelope is probably a better idea though.
    Here is a page that has the envelopes on that you can print out on your computer.Disney Mousekeeping Envelopes Page 1 • The Mouse For Less
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

We normally tip $1 per person, per night spent at the resort. We also prepare a "Mousekeeping" envelope so that there is no question who it is for.
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Wow, we're generous I guess. I base it totally on what's being done. For example, when we went to ASMo we had towel animals daily, window scenes and always plenty of everything we needed. They even made up DS's crib all nice. So we tipped well... about $3-$4 a day. I always leave the money with a little note thanking the mousekeeper and asking for more of whatever we need.

Now, I turn those tables if the service stinks. When we were at CBR we kept requesting towel animals or SOMETHING and got nothing. We asked for extra towels and got none. We asked for more soap and got shampoo. I tipped $1 the first night and then nothing the others.

The only problem is, the mousekeepers don't always have the same rooms on the same days. I actually used to be a housekeeper for a large hotel chain and every day we just split the rooms randomly.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Your right Jenn, you should only tip for a job well done.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!