Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Upgrading the room? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey everyone, I have a question for your brains I've heard that booking through WDW travel instead of their website is better cause you can ask if you can upgrade ...
    wacowgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Upgrading the room?

Hey everyone,

I have a question for your brains

I've heard that booking through WDW travel instead of their website is better cause you can ask if you can upgrade your room to the next higher class for less money than if you did on the website.

Is this true? Has anyone tried doing this?

I'm planning on staying at the CB but hope to get into the Poly for cheaper. Or am I just dreaming??
    Proud mom to two teenage boys (14 & 13)
    Taking DS #1 to WDW in August, just the two of us!
    Taking DS #2 fishing off the Oregon Coast in July, just the two of us!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, I've never done that but if you are going at a slow time of year, you can ask at the front desk if your room can be upgraded (within the resort you are staying at). Good Luck and let us know the results
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wacowgirl View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have a question for your brains

I've heard that booking through WDW travel instead of their website is better cause you can ask if you can upgrade your room to the next higher class for less money than if you did on the website.

Is this true? Has anyone tried doing this?

I'm planning on staying at the CB but hope to get into the Poly for cheaper. Or am I just dreaming??
    Sorry ... you're just dreaming.

There's no such thing as free or reduced-price upgrades being offered in advance except for specific, publically-known promotions, and when they occur it makes no difference whether someone books through the website, by phone, or through a travel agent.

I'm not sure where you heard what you heard, but it's simply untrue.

The only way to even attempt a free upgrade is to request it face-to-face at time of check-in. It will totally depend on a combination of availability and Cast Member mood/inclination. My advice is expect nothing except what you paid for and reserved, ask nicely, and not be disappointed if you are told that the only thing available to you is what you reserved and paid for.
    -- Eric