Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Could it be? Another Disney trip so soon? in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay so I found out my mom will be traveling with business to Orlando either the 3rd or 4th week in January. She said that if I wanted to go ...
    kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder

Could it be? Another Disney trip so soon?

Okay so I found out my mom will be traveling with business to Orlando either the 3rd or 4th week in January. She said that if I wanted to go with her, the room AND flight would be free! She is allotted visitors a certain amount of times per year since she travels basically 49/52 weeks a year. Only thing is, she would only be able to spend nights and possibly 1 day with me at the parks....

I am SO OKAY with going by myself to the parks on the other days...I'm actually kind of excited about it. I can just do as I PLEASE...people watch, speed up, take my time, backstage tours, whatever. Of course, my mom wants to do MK with me...but I plan to hit up MGM (it will always be MGM to me) and either AK or Epcot. Or maybe I'll do another day at MK by myself. Guess all that I'm deciding now is how long I want to stay, how many days for the passes, etc, figuring out a rental car, etc.

SO SO EXCITED!! I'll keep you guys posted!! Hopefully it is the 4th week in January so I can do the Pirate and Princess Party...

~~Kriskay~~

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    That sounds like fun. I did my first solo trip last Spring. DD was working such long hours that it was either go on my own, or stay home. I had a great time at AK on my own. Magic Kingdom, a few days later at night, was a little strange, but i think it was because I'm not used to driving and in the back of my head, I knew I still had to drive home that night.

Welcome to the neighborhood.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Howdy Kriskay!
    That's awesome! I'm excited for you!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That's awsome! Have fun planning!
    Maria

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Oh man I'd love a trip by myself... not that I don't LOVE going with my DH and DS but to be able to totally control my day and do only what I wanted... oh and use the "single rider" queues. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Oh man I'd love a trip by myself... not that I don't LOVE going with my DH and DS but to be able to totally control my day and do only what I wanted... oh and use the "single rider" queues. LOL!!
    I'd like to go solo, too. I think it might be a little odd at first, but once you got used to being your own master...yep, that sounds pretty sweet.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    Sounds like fun!!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

For various reasons, our trip has been pushed back to early March. Looks like March 4-8. Attending Pirate and Princess party on the 6th. I'm kind of bummed...because I know it will be busier then. Haven't Spring Breaks already started by this time? Can anyone provide any insight about WDW this time of year?

No matter what though, its still a WDW trip basically for free! Just was really looking forward to late January/early February...

~~Kriskay~~

Cmon people...need some tips!

Bump

~~Kriskay~~

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Early March is still a great time to go, mid March is when it gets crazy busy. This is considered moderate attendance but I went end of May last year which was in the same moderate bracket and the waits were very little to none. Hey, it's free, I wouldn't even worry about crowds if I were you!

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    True, since you've been already, don't sweat the crowds, just relax and do what you can and people watch. It's always fun to find people with maps who are first timers and offer some help from a "pro"