Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Booking by phone vs internet in the Vacation Planning forums; I just gave Disney Travel a call and their quote for the same thing I checked out on the Disney Website was higher. Is it cheaper to book online? I ...
    WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Booking by phone vs internet

I just gave Disney Travel a call and their quote for the same thing I checked out on the Disney Website was higher. Is it cheaper to book online? I have never booked online before. I am one of those people that feel better talking to a real person than simply clicking buttons. Has anyone ever had any trouble with booking through Disney online? Why would the price be different over the phone? We are planning for next November and will be booking in the new year. Any thoughts or answers to my questions would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks guys
    Donna

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Did one include the travel insurance? I know I take the travel insurance off when I book online.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    the phone included travel insurance, even with the travel insurance on the internet it was cheaper.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    usually it's cheaper to book online and not just disney...but my family likes booking disney over the phone...theyr'e able to work with you....maybe mention the internet price over the phone and see what they're willing to do.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have always looked at my vacation package on-line and then call Disney and book it just to be sure the prices are the same. I have never had two different prices quoted to me. They have always been the same. I think I have always mentioned to the CM the price I found on-line. I, too, like to talk to real people when I'm spending $$$$.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

DocTerminus is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would recommend pricing everything through on the internet and be prepared to discuss differences when you actually make the reservation over the phone with an agent. I had done an online booking and was surprised that I had many problems. Even more so, it seems the Disney folk don't really embrace the online process. I did not receive a packet preparing me for my visit that always comes with an on-phone res... When I questioned that (and an online double charge..) the response was basically "Yeah, thats whats wrong with booking over the web"...

Glenn
    Whatcha doin'? Hibernatin'?

Visit Passamaquoddy
    A Disney blog.
    http://www.passamaquoddy.blog.com