Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss advance purchase of EMH tix in March in the Vacation Planning forums; On Thursday, March 24, we would like to take advantage of the extra hours at Epcot. The problem(?) is that we will be at the Hoop-de-doo 7:15 show. From what ...
    ancbob is offline A-Ticket holder

advance purchase of EMH tix in March

On Thursday, March 24, we would like to take advantage of the extra hours at Epcot. The problem(?) is that we will be at the Hoop-de-doo 7:15 show. From what I can tell, the regular Epcot Hours are until 9:00, and it appears that you can only get a wristband two hours before closing. I am concerned about being unable to make it from the show to epcot in time to get a wristband. Any thoughts or suggestions?

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    You can start to get a wristband two hours before closing. They continue to give out the wristbands until the 3 extra hours are over (12 PM).

On our last trip a couple of weeks ago, we saw people getting wristbands at 11:30. Don't sweat it, you'll have plenty of time.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

thanks for the info. we are looking forward to our trip!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Two things....

1. You don't purchase a wristband for this, just show your valid Resort room key.

2. And from allears:
    Evening Extra Magic Hours typically extend three hours beyond a park's scheduled closing time. You'll need to obtain a wristband at the theme park by presenting a valid Key to the World Card at one of several designated locations no sooner than two hours prior to park close.
    Looks to me the earliest you can a wristband is two hours before park closing, not that you have to get them two hours prior.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thanks Manda, do you know if they are available after the park closing like Chris was suggesting?

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Here is a little insight from my point of view as well since I have helped distribute wristbands at Epcot.

Until the new card swipe system is in place. Remember your Resort ID and Picture ID for all members of your party. As already mentioned, the earliest they will start giving out bands is two hours prior to park close. If they are setup and ready early, they will start earlier. You can get bands until EMH park closing. Of course it is free!