Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Blizzard Beach in April?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone gone to Blizzard Beach in April? Is it too cold to go???? My SIL just said to me she is not going because she thinks it's going to ...
    enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder

Blizzard Beach in April??

Has anyone gone to Blizzard Beach in April? Is it too cold to go???? My SIL just said to me she is not going because she thinks it's going to be too cold...so I am thinking I am probably waisting my money buying the Water park tickets........IDK.....please let me know what you think ...........

Maria
    Maria

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Well, FL is funny like this but I can tell you that last year we took a trip in April and we were FREEZING. So much so that we literally made our first trip a stop into the Emporium to buy sweatshirts. In all the pictures you can see our little red noses. But... maybe two weeks later... we were in shorts and tank tops... so really it all depends. Me personally, I wouldn't waste money on a water park in April and chance it's too cold to go.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've been to WDW in MArch (not water park) and have been pretty warm.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by enderica View Post
    Has anyone gone to Blizzard Beach in April? Is it too cold to go???? My SIL just said to me she is not going because she thinks it's going to be too cold...so I am thinking I am probably waisting my money buying the Water park tickets........IDK.....please let me know what you think ...........
    Maria
    I've been to Typhoon Lagoon in November, and to Blizzard Beach in mid-March. I enjoyed both trips. It was plenty warm enough. Obviously, no one can predict the weather with enough certainty, but eliminating even the possibility of a water park visit in April because it's "definitely" going to be too cold is simply foolish.

Don't buy water park tickets yet. Don't buy the water park fun & more option yet. When you get there, if the temperature meets with your approval, you can add the WPF&M option to your existing tickets at any guest relations window. Or, if the water park is the only "extra" you plan on doing (ie, no trips to Pleasure Island or DisneyQuest), you can buy a one-day ticket to the water park at the water park itself.

Also, keep in mind that the water in the pools and lazy rivers (probably on the slides too, but I'm not sure) is heated. So even if the air outside is cold, the water won't be.

It's an average of 72° in April in Orlando, fwiw: Weatherbase: Historical Weather for Orlando, Florida, United States of America
    Last edited by mritty; 01-08-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Adding weather link

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've been to the World in Late March several times, and it varied each time. Sometimes, it was in the 90's other times it was in the 30's. It may be best to wait, until you get there and buy the tickets so you can see what the weather is going to do.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    mritty : that is exactly what I am going to do!
    Maria

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    You have the right idea now... We have gone several time in mid March and the temperature has been pretty comfortable every time. Last March it was the warmest it has been for any of our March trips---in the 80's every day so it was definitely warm enough for the water parks.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.