Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Christmas or Easter??? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone!!! I am fairly new to the forum and love reading all of your posts, especially the trip reports. My question is, based on crowds, long waits for attractions, ...
    DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder

Christmas or Easter???

Hello everyone!!!

I am fairly new to the forum and love reading all of your posts, especially the trip reports.

My question is, based on crowds, long waits for attractions, etc., which is worse...Christmas break (say Dec. 28-ish to Jan. 5-ish) or Easter break (day after Easter through the week)?

We are trying to plan our next vacation and my husband is an Elem. school Principal so he can only get those vacation times off of work. We could go in the summer but it's just too darn hot for us, last vaca. was June '06. HOT HOT HOT!!!

Anyways, if you could help us choose I would greatly appreciate it.

THANKS!!!!!

DTSZ

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would say Easter, since Christmas is the most busiest time of year. However, from what I hear, Easter is almost as bad. If you could swing it (and depending on when it is for you), Spring Break might not be too bad.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Both of those times are very busy, but I think crowd-wise Easter would be a little better. Rates are a little bit cheaper also. As far as Christmas time goes, you mentioned maybe staying from Dec 28-Jan 5. I hear the parks clear out considerably after New Year's is over so you may be able to squeeze in a few days where crowds aren't too bad. If you choose this time to go you also get the perks of seeing how the amazing the parks are when they are decorated for the holiday season. Epcot's Candlelight Processional, the Studio's Osborne Lights, and Cinderella Castle all lit up are definitely worth seeing. I've never been at Easter so I'm not sure what extras they have going on then. No matter which you choose, you're going to have a blast!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

DTSZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thank so much!!!

I have yet to see Disney decorated for Christmas and would love to see the parks all lit up, maybe if we go toward the end of our Christmas break, after New Years.

Thanks Amanda, I also enjoyed reading your trip report. You inspired us to think of going during the holidays, it looked like you had a lot of fun!!

DTSZ

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    The year we went the week of Christmas through New Year's Day, we vowed we would NEVER do it again. The parks were at capacity every day! If you can go just after New Year's Day, I think it would be good. I've never been at Easter.