Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss Can I help you start the Magic? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, everyone. We are going to the World from Jan 20-27 - the countdown is very close! This message is for anyone who has a trip coming up in the ...
    T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can I help you start the Magic?

Hi, everyone. We are going to the World from Jan 20-27 - the countdown is very close! This message is for anyone who has a trip coming up in the next couple of months or who might have just booked a reservation.

Is there anyone who would like a Disney Postcard sent to a loved one while I am down there? I will send a WDW postcard signed in the style of Mickey's handwriting (or another character, if you prefer) with a Sharpie on a post card to whatever address you give me. I'll send them from WDW so you get a Florida postmark to keep the magic high.

This is something I have done for my wife and my kids in the days leading up to our trips. It has been a cool way to get the excitement moving higher before our trip. So far, they have been young enough not to notice the Madison postmark . . . but my time will be running out on that since my stepson turns 9 on the 27th. (At least I still have a few years with my 3 year old daughter!)

Generally, I have put a message like "Can't wait to see you on ____" or something like that.

Just send me the name and address, and I'll be happy to help out . . . no charge to you. I'm just trying to spread the fun around. Postcards will be mailed out the week of Jan 21.

John Grigas
    Madison, WI
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    You know this is a really great idea, and a nice thing to do for folks.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    What an absolutely lovely idea!!!! Well done you for spreading the Disney Magic x x

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Hopefully I will know very soon if we are going the first week of February, then I will be taking you up on your offer! Thanks!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    What a great idea and that is really, really nice of you to do that.

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder
    that is a great idea.

do you have the charecter actually sign the card? Is that allowed? ( i would like to try it while we are there jan 26-feb2) That is such a nice thing to do.. I am sure kids would LOVE to get a post card from Mickey!!
    have a nice trip and maybe jim an i will see you there!
    debbie

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I would love for you to send us one, but we are not going for another 16 months

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Debbie - I don't have the character sign the card (though that's an interesting idea . . . ) I have a sheet that has semi-official character signatures on it and I mimic the lettering style that they have there. It might not be perfect, but it has been close enough for the purpose. I'm sorry to say that we won't likely see you there . . . our last day for park visiting will be on the 25th.

Tarynkelly - Whether you get a card sent is entirely up to you . . . whether it is 6 days from now or 16 years from now. If it helps with the family or personal trip planning, I am fully on board!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    What a great idea. Boy, I could be really busy sending post cards in another 8 months. (yeah, I know, I should be there in about 6 months, but I'll still be getting settled for the first couple of months.)
    T Morrows Child - you've got true Disney magic!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    Oh that is so thoughtful of you - Actually i wont be going back for a while but My aunt and Uncle are taking their kids and planning a trip February 13th 2008. It will be their first trip so they are pretty excited. They were asking me all kinds of questions since i just got back from there. Thats lots of fun telling first timers what to do and what not to miss i get all excited for them !
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

Rgjad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What a great thing you are doing!!! I want one. Email me Rgjad@aol.com Greatly appreciate it!!