Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss September?? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey there...My family & i are planning on going to Disney at the end of September (most likely 25-oct1st or 2nd.) for my birthday... though i heard from some that ...
    xdisneydezx is offline A-Ticket holder

September??

Hey there...My family & i are planning on going to Disney at the end of September (most likely 25-oct1st or 2nd.) for my birthday... though i heard from some that this is peak hurricane season..so i guess my question is, whats everyones opinions on this, is it still a good time?
    & is anyone else planning on going around that time?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT!

Peak hurricane season is mid-September. End of September is a nice time of year to be at Disney World! Crowds are not bad, temperatures are cooling a little (hot instead of OMG it's hot LOL), first week of the Food & Wine festival.... and yes, the threat of hurricanes. Disney has had very good policies in the past for hurricanes - allowing you to cancel w/o penalty if a storm threatens, a discounted rate for those who have to extend their stay b/c the airport is closed, and they take good care of the Guests should they have to close the parks for a storm.

I've been down there at that time the past two years without a problem, but did get stuck an extra day in August due to a tropical storm that closed the airport but did nothing but rain a little on WDW (poor me!).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    and I bet we all agree that a rainy day at WDW beats a sunny day at work.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    At the risk of jinxing it... even when a hurricane does hit Florida, with Orlando being as far inland as it is, it rarely sees much impact. Now two years ago there was that one that did a number on my grandmother's house and she lives just outside DtD but I'm talking generally here. Orlando is situated just right and usually if you see something, it's a day or two of rain, that moves through fairly quickly. Like V said... a rainy day at WDW beats a sunny day most everywhere else.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

xdisneydezx is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks so much for the welcome & your replies! I like it here =]
    Oh yeah if it happened to rain it wouldn't bother me at all, its just making sure i don't get blown away LOL!
    We're definitely planning on going, i'm so excited, it'll be my first trip to WDW!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We love going in september. With that said we always get trip cancellation insurance just in case. Last time I went through AMEX Travel. This year I'm searching around since I have 2 vacations (1 disney 1 nondisney) to insure for the cheapest deal.