Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss March or October in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi! I have been to WDW 2 times, both in October. We are heading down in March, the week before Easter. How are the crowds before Easter? Do the October ...
    smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Question March or October

Hi! I have been to WDW 2 times, both in October. We are heading down in March, the week before Easter. How are the crowds before Easter? Do the October crowds compare in size now since more schools have Fall Break, as well as October hosting MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival??? I am afraid we are hitting it at the busiest time of the year (other than Christmas)! Thanks for any help!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I want to say that historically the crowds the week of Easter is very busy. The other caveat to deal with this year is that since Easter is earlier you will also run into some colleges that have their spring break. But I still do not think that the crowds will be unmanageable, but you should probably expect some waits.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    From what I understand, as long as you aren't there during Easter, it shouldn't be that bad. But it will still be more crowded than it is in October.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I think it is more crowded than in October but I would still go in March.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've been in both. Keep in mind Spring Break is also in March so you will also have that crowd.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Thanks for your help! Looks like we are set for the week of March 16th! I will look at it like this . . . any day at Disney is a good day!! So excited!! Can't wait!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

Update! Due to a family situation, it looks like we will have to change our trip to October, anyway. Thanks for all of the feedback! Spring Break/Fall Break ~~ I wish a teacher could have "Middle of the Year - Crowds Are Low at Disney Break"!!! LOL
    Samantha

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    Update! Due to a family situation, it looks like we will have to change our trip to October, anyway. Thanks for all of the feedback! Spring Break/Fall Break ~~ I wish a teacher could have "Middle of the Year - Crowds Are Low at Disney Break"!!! LOL
    I think after spending your previous two trips during what is typically one of the slowest times you would've felt a little overwhelemd with March so that's a good thing. Enjoy!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thanks! I was sad at first, but I think it was the right move! Who'da thought I would save a good bit on the resort price, too!!
    Samantha

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    and just think how happy you'll be when april, may, june, etc. roll around and you'll still have a Disney trip to look forward to instead of one that is already over...LOL
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

I know! That will be great! Now, I can drive my family crazy a while longer; get into LeCellier (thanks to the tips on this site); and upgrade to the AKL??
    Samantha

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm a teacher and I took off some days this year to go in Oct just for the Food and Wine Festival. We had a blast and the cord level was awesome.!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Trouble is...as a teacher...if you have off...so do the kids.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

BethD is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    I personally think All School Systems should have an official "Go to WDW" Break in some off season. They need to give all the teachers and children's these days off just so they can head to Disney. We of coarse would need to set this up so that every school district would have a different week off so that it would not get crowded. Could we please start a committee to take this to Congress or where ever we would need to get this approved. And while we are doing it, could we make sure that my school district's official "GO to WDW" dates are during the Free Dining period.
    Beth D

beth@MouseFanTravel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The week you our going is sprinf break for college for a majority of schools, at least all of those in the northeast. It should be busy and typically a lot of college kids. That was the week my family and I always went when my brothers and I were all in college
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)