Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss ok my disney buds! a new trip in the making needing help in the Vacation Planning forums; ok brent wants to go to Hawaii next like next feburary.. he doesnt wanna go back to disney really and he had said not to even think i'm going to ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

ok my disney buds! a new trip in the making needing help

ok brent wants to go to Hawaii next like next feburary.. he doesnt wanna go back to disney really and he had said not to even think i'm going to disneyland.. but hey.. i'm sure we'll end up changing planes in CA anyways... so

i was thinking i could proably talk him into a a day at disneyland before heading to hawaii.. with tayen and her being like 3 and half then.. i think the adventures part would be too much for her..

but who has been to disneyland and do you think i could pull off flying to CA having a day or 2 at disneyland then heading to Hawaii for few days..

and we would need service from the airport to the hotel and then back to the airport and i wanna get out of renting a car if i can while were in CA.
    Last edited by Chrissy&Tayen; 01-29-2008 at 07:58 AM.
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

oh and if we fly to CA then wait a few days before heading on to Hawaii will our plane tickets cost more?
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I think you can pull it off Chrissy, moms can do anything.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    That sounds like a great trip! I think it will cost you a bit more for a multi day layover (but what do I know) I would work with a travel agent and maybe you could get the price down to the minimum
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I would highly recommend a layover in CA. I've flown from MN to Hawaii, with a week layover in Hawaii and then on to Australia. Granted you don't have to go to Australia, but just the flight from the east coast to CA would be a long flight for a little one. That break in CA would be a welcome relief for all of you. AND, should you run into bad weather (if you don't get a direct flight to Hawaii) then you have a few days to catch your connecting flight to Hawaii. Yes, it will cost more to do a layover, usually, but talk to a travel agent and see what kind of prices you can get.
    Make sure you invest in those water shoes for the beached in Hawaii. The waves are fantastic, but I remember the sand to be rather hot and there are a lot of sharp rocks to walk across till you get into the waves.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

thanks mini v... i seen where if you book thru the disneyland site that it said something about kids flying free!! so if i booked the flight thru disney i could save a lil money on the way up maybe.. i dont know.. i forsure need to speak to a travel agent.. i think i might call one today and get the down low
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    This is the exact trip I'm planning on doing in a few years! So I totally get your trip. It's definitely possible.

Disney has shuttle service, not magical express, but they work with an outside company that will pick you up from LAX and drive you to your hotel if you are staying at one of the Disney ones. I used it when I went to DL and it was affordable and easy to use. It took a few hours away from your days, but it was definitely worth it!

Talk to a travel agent to figure out flights and whatnot, and it will all work out! :-) It sounds like a great trip and a fun one to plan!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

thanks for the shuttle info jeanne!

i'm excited i'm going to call and talk to the AAA agent today and see what can be done
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    what a great trip! it sounds like lots of fun and i'm sure you can't wait! i've always wanted to go to Disneyland....only one year til we can read the trip report...LOL
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

he he... but first i must talk him into stopping there.. he already wants to go to Hawaii...

i forgot to call the AAA agent.. i guess i'm kind of scared to here what she is going to say...LOL i know it will be $$$
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

ilivemylifeasme is offline A-Ticket holder
    You should definitely try to come see Disneyland! If you fly to LAX they have tons of shuttles sitting out there waiting for somebody that wants to go to Disneyland. Last I heard they charge about $20 or so a ride. (It will take a while to get to Disneyland though..LAX is 30-some miles from Disneyland and with very busy freeways.)

Are you going to stay at one of the hotels on property? They are kind of expensive (I've never stayed at any of them but have heard the Grand Californian is very nice.) There are a ton of hotels surrounding the area at much more reasonable prices, too. Though, some are a short walk to the park and others advertise that they are when they aren't.

February is a pretty good time to go, as long as it isn't President's Day weekend (even then, it's not too awful bad though). Some rides will be closed but more likely than not they'll be rides you already have over at the Magic Kingdom anyhow. For example, it appears only three rides are closed throughout this February between the two parks.

Hope you can make it to Disneyland!