Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vacation Planning Tips & Tricks Discuss May Vacation in the Vacation Planning forums; I print out of a DWT tag and hook it on my bag, purse or jacket. I've yet to have anyone approach me as a member, but it keeps people ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I print out of a DWT tag and hook it on my bag, purse or jacket. I've yet to have anyone approach me as a member, but it keeps people looking. You can find it in the download section. It will do till I order by DWT lanyard.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hi! It didn't look like your character line question had been answered. if it already had, my apologies...I'm tired today.

We went in May last year around that time and had no trouble with character lines. We only tried for a few because most of my son's favorites were at Chef Mickey's when we went there, but the lines I saw as we walked past, etc were not bad at all. The judges tent lines were the lowest I've ever seen apart from a trip in February one year. The ones at Animal Kingdom were even shorter.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    As some people have already mentioned, I would definitely check out the Flower and Garden festival. I haven't seen it yet, but would love to...it looks so pretty and I love seeing all the topiaries.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks I will definately have to go and check that out.
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Sounds like you are going during a great time! Have fun plannig the last details!

Maria
    Maria

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I went last May and it was awesome in every way. The weather was great and I was able to wear shorts and a t shirt easily everyday, even at night. The lines were not that bad until Memorial day, but you won't have to deal with that. Have an awesome trip!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Thanks guys. I feel a lot better going. I wanted to have the shorter waits for attractions and characters, and the flower display sounds like it is going to be nothing less then awesome. If anyone has any other tips or "must sees" please let me know. I have been to Disney 3 times before but never in May, and always went when there were large crowds.

I am hoping to wear shorts and a T-shirt everyday and hope to hit the water parks in the morning.

DisGrad is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know this is in line with the Flower and Garden show, but if you are into gardening, definitely look into doing some of the free activities. I know they do gourd birdhouses one week, but I'm not sure when. Also, try to go on Kilimanjaro Safari's near the end of the night at Animal Kingdom--they'll let you on up to park closing. When we did this, the lions were up (perhaps they were hungry?) so we got to see them really close. To bad my camera decided not to turn on at that moment.

Thanks for the advice about Animal Kingdom. I will be sure to do the Kilimanjaro Safari last, before leaving. We are going to Animal Kingdom on the 16th or 17th and our agenda is still short for that park. So this helps a lot. I will definately be checking out the Garen Show at Epcot. I didnt know they offered activities there, what else do they offer? or what have they offered in the past?

DisGrad is offline A-Ticket holder
    They have all sorts of activities at the F & G show. There are concerts from old bands and singers--there's usually a long wait to get in. There are activity stations set up all over for the kids. Plus, there are gardening seminars and activities scheduled for the festival. The main building for this is now the old Wonders of Life pavilion, be sure to check it out--that's one of my goals if we do go this year. You might want to look for a schedule on Disney's site. Each land in World Showcase will have some kind of garden display unique to that country. One of my favorites is the bonsai display in Japan. Basically, it's beautiful.
    Because this a major event for WDW, there aren't many other special things in the other parks. I'm hoping Toy Story Mania will be open or have soft-openings--it's scheduled to open sometime this summer.

Wow. I didnt know they had so much. I will definately pick up a schedule when I get to Epcot. That is the first place I am going to when I get to Disney so it should be nice to see that just after I arrive. I will probably spend the remainder of the day just checking out the show and seeing the different displays in the World Showcase. We always go to Epcot first and MK last.

70 Days to Go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12